Thursday, March 19, 2009

Today in Class...

Discussion veers to zombie attacks. Don't ask.

Kid: I have a zombie plan. See, after you figure out it's Z-Day...

Me: Figure it out?

Kid: Yeah, that's the key. You've got to figure out that they're here.

Me: Yeah, of course, it's not like you wake up knowing that today's the day zombie's will attack.

Kid: Obviously. That's key. Anyway, after you figure out it's Z-Day...

*start of a 30 minute conversation of What To Do After Z-Day: Week One, Scenario A*

PS: The plan is actually pretty cool. It does involve a church, a mason, and a welding gun. But if those are given, this kid might make it...

11 comments:

Reverie said...

smart kid!!!

Tana said...

A church a gun and a welding mason? I'm in ;)

Elana Johnson said...

LOL! Great convo! :)

Anonymous said...

Is this with a kid in your class? What grade do you teach again? I have a feeling you're the "cool" teacher to have!

Unknown said...

Reverie: Yup, he's one of the smart ones. He'll probably survive the zombie plague.

T. Anne: Me, too! Of course, when I mentioned how unlikely it was that he'd have those materials prepared and ready, he did actually have a back-up plan: invade WalMart Distribution Centers!

Elana: :)

Becky: I taught him before, but this was actually after school. I teach 10 and 11--good to know the rising generation is aware of the zombie problems!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I love it when you post these! It must be so entertaining to be a teacher. :)

Robyn Campbell said...

OH YEAH, zombie plan. I like that kid! HMMM, might he be a FW?

Robyn :)

Unknown said...

Glam: Good! There's a lot about the job that isn't fun...but in the end, there's more fun than not!

Robyn: Maybe!! :)

Bowman said...

Certainly I was more prepared to deal with a zombie attack than an unexpected child.

Heather Zundel said...

Ahaha! This is fantastic! Tears, in my eyes. Who started this conversation? A welding gun? I'm totally in. Is he planning on using it on the doors or the zombies? :)

Christina Farley said...

Your kids are inspirational!