Monday, March 2, 2009

It's All Narnia Up In Here


...well, not any more. In the South, we get snow for a day, and then wet, muddy grass. But c'est la vie.

So, from the picture on the left, you can see just how Narnia up in here we got. It was a winter wonderland, y'all.

Here you can see the forest across the road from my house.




And here is a picture of the apple tree in my backyard. Back story: last fall, we couldn't get the top apples from the tree. So we figured heck, we'll leave them there and let the deer eat them when they fall. But they didn't fall. But it made for a cool picture!







But you're not here for artsy pics of the snow! Besides, Lois does those much better than me. Here's Dog with his favorite toy, Massive Stick. He found it in the snow. Click on the pic for a bigger version--you can see he's got a mouthful of snow with his stick!






And here is a very short video of Dog trying to catch snowballs. (It would have been longer, but the husband made me cut out the part with him in his robe.)

14 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

So which character are you?

Unknown said...

Lucy, all the way!

Unknown said...

Although, I've always been partial to Edmund as well...

Davin Malasarn said...

Love the apple picture!

The dog video makes me think of my first experience with cotton candy. You think you ate some, but then there's nothing in your mouth.

Anonymous said...

The apple picture is great and I like the dog video. JoE

Robyn Campbell said...

Dog is so sweet. He looks like he can't figure out just where those snowballs are going.

Great pics but tell hubby we missed seeing him in his robe. Robyn

Unknown said...

Davin--Haha, great comparison! That was only a short video, but we played like that for HOURS--it gets better when there's more snow for him to bounce through!!

*waves* Hi mom!

Robyn--Hehe, I really wanted to include the whole video--there is ice under the snow, and at the end of the clip you see him running up towards us--anyway, he runs up on the back porch, can't hold on to the ice, and falls off the other end!

lotusgirl said...

The rest of the video sound hilarious. Already it's cute. Your dog is beautiful! And funny!

Anonymous said...

There's a story in that apple picture...

Unknown said...

Lois--Thanks! I love 'im. He has become much more a part of our family than I ever thought he would.

Vivian--You know, when I took that pic, I thought it'd be kind of interesting to show my father, just to show what happened to the apples. But when I started looking at all the pics, that one emerged as one of my favorites. How odd...and you're right, it does make me think of stories...

Bowman said...

I told you to "enjoy that southern mud," but it doesn't seem to have posted. Hopefully it didn't end up on a different blog. :O

Unknown said...

HAHA Justus--I was flipping back and forth between blogs today and worried I done something very similar.

Sarah Jensen said...

Love the pict and video. i agree that the rest of the video sounds great. but glad you respected hubby's wishes and didn't share. Maybe you can send it to America's Funniest Home Videos. :)

Kelly H-Y said...

LOVE the apple picture!!!