Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ah.

It was easy for me to say my new mantra would be "write constantly" after a very productive writing weekend. It's only Tuesday, and I've already felt the swarm of work descend upon me like a swarm of hornets, buzzing in my ears to run away from what I want to do and drown myself in what "needs to be done."

I didn't write a word yesterday. But I didn't forget my new mantra. I may not have a new scene written, but I have figured out how to kill a character.

And you know, that's a delicious part of writing: we're considered industrious, productive workers when we plot murder!

9 comments:

Robyn Campbell said...

And I know some folks you're dying to kill! Thank goodness were critique partners! :)

Don't let life get in the way even though I hear what you're sayin'.

Kill away, kill away, dear Beth. :)

C.R. Evers said...

LOL! Yes, I think there is a fine line between creative writing and insanity! ;0)

Happy writing!

Christy

Keri Mikulski said...

Absolutely!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

LOL!

Well, I never say I'll write every day because I know it just won't happen. Keep trying, though!

Kelly H-Y said...

See ... even though it's not technically on paper, it's in your head ... so, you're still working on your writing!

Traci said...

LOL!!! Go easy on yourself! :-)

lotusgirl said...

Reality bites us all from time to time.

About Me said...

Take a deep breath. It's okay to miss a day or two from writing :)

Unknown said...

Robyn: Actually, the death I figured out for this novel is for one of your favorite characters...!!!

Christy: So ironic that you should say that! Part of the theme of this one is the perception of insanity associated with artists...

Keri: :)

Glam: I don't think I'll be able to physically write every day, but I'm enjoying being able to think through it at least, and keep it at the top of my mind.

Kelly: Yup! The best part! :)

Litgirl: But murder's fun! :)

Lois: Yeah...argh. I wish I had a time machine, just so I could be more productive!

Crimey: I've got all my chips in the pot, baby ;) Wide open!