Monday, March 9, 2009

Casual Observations

It is too early in the morning for me to come up with something intelligent to say (I WANT MY HOUR BACK, DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME. You're going on the list with Wyoming.)

So, here are some casual observations I've made recently:
  • Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist the movie is a pale imitation of the book. Kind of like seeing a brilliant piece of artwork in an old textbook versus seeing it in real life. They look the same, but the colors, feel, emotion of it is all different.
  • The writer of this letter makes me mad, much in the same way as politicians who make educational policy: neither the letter-writer nor politicians realize how stupid they are, and how much they actually hurt real professionals.
  • Dust of a Hundred Dogs has been surprisingly romantic. And violent, even for a pirate. I am surprised at how sympathetic I am to Emer/Saffron. I suspect I would dislike this character in real life, but actually, I kinda want to cuddle her. Like a puppy. Hmm...maybe that's the real Dog Fact #9.
  • Sometimes I hate writing. Like when revision time rolls around. But sometimes, I love it. Like now. When I find myself sneaking away from doing things I'm supposed to be doing (dusting, cooking, school work) and instead sneak my laptop open to type some more of the story. No kidding: the husband took away my laptop so I could finish school work first.
Post a Comment