Tuesday, January 4, 2011
It's almost time! Ohmygoodness, I can barely believe it...it's almost time for ACROSS THE UNIVERSE to be out!!!
And of course, you guys know me: I celebrate by giving things away! And because I have the very best publisher in the whole wide world (Razorbill! Woot! Woot!), they are once again joining in with the celebration and offering FIFTY awesome prizes in addition to the three big prizes I'm offering!!!
Entering to win the prizes is super easy. All you have to do is take a picture of yourself with your copy of ACROSS THE UNIVERSE. That's it. Just snap a picture and send it in, and you're entered!
How easy is it? Here's how easy:
|Please don't notice that I am (a) in my PJs, (b) with no makeup |
and (c) that I've not brushed my hair yet. Or my teeth. I'm a slob.
But also: I guess this proves that the contest is so easy to enter, you can do it in your pajamas.
That little pic of me up there? Totally qualifies for an entry into the contest. If, er, I wasn't already disqualified since I'm the one running the contest. But you know what I mean.
I know the book isn't technically out until January 11th, but I wanted to let you all know (1) that you should rush out and buy your copy on January 11th so you can enter and (2) you can start planning your awesome picture now :D :D :D
First, here's what Razorbill is providing for you--custom made, totally sweet, amazingly cool WATER BOTTLES! And trust me--when you read ACROSS THE UNIVERSE, you are going to know how very very appropriate this prize is!
|WANT. WANT. WANT.|
But that's not all! (<<--said in a TV game show announcer voice)
There are also THREE awesome prize packs that you can win!
The grand prize is:
To win the best picture prize pack: all you have to do is have the coolest picture of yourself. This is going to be totally arbitrary, and totally up to me--whatever picture I pick as being the most awesome gets this prize. You can do anything--you can pose in a cute way, you take the book somewhere cool and pose with it in the awesome location, you can do something neat and have the book with you while you do it--it is 100% up to you, and which ever of you take the most awesomest cool picture, gets the prize! I am seriously excited to see what you can do with this!!!
But that's not all!!!!!!!!!!!
I also really want the whole wide world to know about ACROSS THE UNIVERSE and I want to reward the people who have helped me spread the word about the book. So...at the bottom of the entry form, there's a space to fill out who told you about the contest. I am going to take the top ten people who refer the most people to the contest, and I'm going to draw a name from those ten and give the winner this:
- All entries must fill out the form below to be considered for the prize (it's how we know who entered and how to contact winners).
- To win a water bottle, you must upload your picture to the Facebook Page (emailing, tweeting, or blogging doesn't count for that prize).
- If you upload a picture to the Facebook Page, that entry counts for the other prize packs, too--you only need to take and upload a picture once; you don't have to upload anywhere else.
- If you don't upload your picture on Facebook, either email a copy to ATUContest@gmail.com or include the hyperlink in the entry form.
- The prize packs with Beth are international; the water bottles are US only.
- The picture must be taken with a final copy of the book--ARCs don't count. You can display either dust jacket you want (the kissing cover or the blue print cover) as long as it's a picture with the actual physical book.
- Taking a picture in a bookstore doesn't count--ACROSS THE UNIVERSE wants to go home (or on an adventure) with you!
- eBooks count! Just make sure to show the book on the screen of your eReader in the picture.
- The winner of the best picture is up to me. No whining.
- Deadline for pictures: January 25th. (As in: pictures need to be received by January 25th; winners will be announced later that day.)
- One entry per person--but one person could win multiple prizes (i.e. you could win a water bottle from the Facebook contest and still win a prize from me, or you could be randomly selected for one prize and still win the best picture or the referral prize).
Here, have another picture of the awesome custom water bottles: