Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tour Details! Retreat Info! Other Important Things!

I don't know what happened.

But somehow I got grouped in with a whole pile of awesome. I can barely believe my luck.

But I'm happy to announce the details of my upcoming tour--starting with the fact that I won't be touring alone!!!


Breathless Reads National Book Tour
Featuring: Ally Condie, Andrea Cremer
Kirsten Miller, Beth Revis, and Brenna Yovanoff


Wednesday, February 9th – 7:00 PM
Books of Wonder
18 West 18th Street
New York, NY 10011

Thursday, February 10th – 7:00 PM
Hennepin County Library (Ridgedale Branch)
12601 Ridgedale Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305
 Friday, February 11th – 7:00 PM
Tattered Cover (Highlands Ranch)
1628 16th Street
Highlands Ranch, CO 80202
Saturday, February 12th – 2:00 PM
King’s English Bookshop, hosted by the Salt Lake City Public Library
210 East 400 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84111






Friday, February 25th – 7:00 PM
Quail Ridge Books and Music
3522 Wade Ave.
Raleigh, NC 27607











Right now, this is all I know. A few of you have asked about maybe meeting up before/after events and...to be honest, I just don't know. Our schedule is TIGHT. We've got a flight every single day of the tour, and I honestly just don't know if I'll be able to do anything at all other than showing up at the event.

Speaking of other things that are happening...


ABA Winter Institute!
Next weekend, I'm off to go to American Booksellers Association Winter Institute!  I will be at the Author Reception and then am going to dinner afterwards--hope to see you there! 


Writer's Retreat!
At the beginning of February, I'll be on a writer's retreat! Yes! Imagine the awesome, all packed up in one place! I have been assured that there won't be any moose ghosts, but I've still got my fingers crossed. I've also been assured that we're going to be productive little writers during that time, but I've got a feeling that we'll be up to SHENANIGANS as much as writing. Or, perhaps, WRITING SHENANIGANS.


Ask a Question!
Anyway, the coordinator of this awesome is Maggie Stiefvator (perhaps you've heard of her?), and she's doing something fairly cool: ask a writer a question. Go to her blog here if you have any question you'd like me to answer on video (or that you'd like to ask anyone else on the List of Awesome: Maggie Stiefvater, Tessa Gratton, Brenna Yovanoff, Carrie Ryan, Jackson Pearce, Jackie Dolamore, Dawn Metcalf, Kiersten White, Jenny Moss, Julie Kagawa, Frankie Mallis, Sonia Gensler, Victoria Schwab, Natalie Standiford, Saundra Mitchell, Myra McEntire, Jessica Spotswood, Carrie Jones, Jeri Smith-Ready, Julia Karr, Elizabeth Scott, and Sarah Darer Littman).


Order Signed Books Now!
This is all a really round-about way to say: I'm going to be gone for most of February. This means, if you want to order a signed copy of ACROSS THE UNIVERSE from Fireside Books and Gifts, you might want to do that soonish...or wait until after February.  

Interviewing Break!
And--not to end on a bad note--but I'm going to put a hold on doing interviews between now and the end of February. (I'm already on a break from doing Guest Posts.) It's gotten to the point where a lot of the interviews are asking the same basic questions, and I don't want to inundate your blog feed with the same sort of things. I've still got a few interviews in the queue--I'm going to do those, but not accept any more until I'm back from the tour and things have settled down a bit. 

31 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Wish you were coming to Ann Arbor. And that is so awesome you're going to Maggie Stiefvater's retreat. I would so love to go.

Weronika Janczuk said...

OMG, Books of Wonder is literally ten minutes from me. I am SO THERE. SO EXCITED. :)

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Oh, how I wish your were coming to Southern California, but someday you will. Have a wonderful tour and retreat. You've earned it. Enjoy!

Lena1xoxo said...

I can't believe you're not coming to Houston...or Texas!

*pouts*

Sumayyah said...

Ahh! ABA is happening in my city!! Just curious - is the event (reception) open or not? Because I know the conference is closed and it'd be a bummer if I missed it because of a misunderstanding, haha.

Debbie Barr said...

I am so so so happy you are coming to Utah! I can't wait to meet you/get your book!

Christina said...

Too bad you're not coming closer to Maryland! Have fun on your tour though and what awesome people you get to have with you on it!

Mim said...

That is an awesome tour group. I'm exited you're coming to Raleigh, and I was already planning on being there, but now I have the bonus of meeting even more writers!

Haley said...

Well if I just want an autograph I can just keep one of your receipts from Village hahaha.Just kidding, but I do want to get a copy of your book. Probably will once I cash my check :D

Christine Tyler said...

Hope a future tour takes you to the Pacific Northwest :D
Just thought I'd let you know, your books had a lovely cardboard/bookcase display all to themselves at the YA section at my local (Bremerton, WA) Barnes and Noble today. So excited about my copy!

Janet Johnson said...

Sounds like all kinds of fun for you! Enjoy! And congratulations, again!

Kristen said...

Gah I wish you were coming to IL instead of MN. *pout*

Emily said...

No stops in Northern California :(

Maybe next time.

How exciting for you though! Have lots of fun!

Emily said...

P.S.

Just finished AtU. Gasp. LOVED it.

Thank you, thank you.

KA said...

Marking it on my calendar...

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR said...

Nowhere near me. Oh well, no one ever comes here.

The Words Crafter said...

Wow, you've got a lot going on! Have fun and good luck!!!!

Miriam Forster said...

Doesn't "when I get back from tour" have a lovely ring to it?

Have fun with all your awesome!

Kelly H-Y said...

YOWZA - you are one busy woman!!! So awesome!!

Kristin Rae said...

1) hope y'all add a date in Houston, Texas

2) i can't wait to be a published author and rub elbows with all the lovely ladies of the YA novel world! fingers crossed!

C.R. Evers said...

You're living the dream, girl! There's a good chance that I'll be able to make it to Quail Ridge in Feb. Hope to see you there.

Shari said...

That sounds like an awesome tour!!! Congratulations on all of your success.

nutschell said...

That sounds like a hectic but exciting tour! Congratulations! Will you have an LA tour as well? We would all love to see you in SoCal.

Kelly Polark said...

So exciting that you are going on a book tour! Hope you come near me!

Unknown said...

I am so there when you come to SLC! That means I have to rush rush rush through one book and devour yours before you come. How blessed do I feel to be so close to one of your tour dates. Are you excited for the tour?

Genna Sarnak said...

Can't wait to meet you in NYC in a few weeks! :) Genna Sarnak

Bekah♥ said...

okay beth...i go to school at Kings Mtn high...a high school in the same SCHOOL DISTRICT as burns where you used to teach...im kinda freakin out right now o.O ...so yeah i cant wait to try your book! :)

Eric said...

OMG OMG OMG! You're coming to my neck of the woods? WOOOHOO!

I am SO there, Beth. I may even put up a counter on my blog to keep track of how long 'til I get to meet ya :D

Karen Lange said...

Have fun! :)

Elana Johnson said...

Ahhh! Awesome. I can't wait for February 12.

Anonymous said...

Book is excellent! I dont think its the right time to be "taking a break" from the interviews, etc. but thats just my opinion. What do i know?? When a book THIS good comes out, rather than posting 100 hints on your site to go buy it, do the interviews and blog posts and stuff. THAT is what gets the word out. I know its tiresome AND can seem repetitive, but trust me, its not. Anyway, great book. Please just remember how important the fans are.

D