Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tour Details! Retreat Info! Other Important Things!

I don't know what happened.

But somehow I got grouped in with a whole pile of awesome. I can barely believe my luck.

But I'm happy to announce the details of my upcoming tour--starting with the fact that I won't be touring alone!!!

Breathless Reads National Book Tour
Featuring: Ally Condie, Andrea Cremer
Kirsten Miller, Beth Revis, and Brenna Yovanoff

Wednesday, February 9th – 7:00 PM
Books of Wonder
18 West 18th Street
New York, NY 10011

Thursday, February 10th – 7:00 PM
Hennepin County Library (Ridgedale Branch)
12601 Ridgedale Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305
 Friday, February 11th – 7:00 PM
Tattered Cover (Highlands Ranch)
1628 16th Street
Highlands Ranch, CO 80202
Saturday, February 12th – 2:00 PM
King’s English Bookshop, hosted by the Salt Lake City Public Library
210 East 400 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84111

Friday, February 25th – 7:00 PM
Quail Ridge Books and Music
3522 Wade Ave.
Raleigh, NC 27607

Right now, this is all I know. A few of you have asked about maybe meeting up before/after events be honest, I just don't know. Our schedule is TIGHT. We've got a flight every single day of the tour, and I honestly just don't know if I'll be able to do anything at all other than showing up at the event.

Speaking of other things that are happening...

ABA Winter Institute!
Next weekend, I'm off to go to American Booksellers Association Winter Institute!  I will be at the Author Reception and then am going to dinner afterwards--hope to see you there! 

Writer's Retreat!
At the beginning of February, I'll be on a writer's retreat! Yes! Imagine the awesome, all packed up in one place! I have been assured that there won't be any moose ghosts, but I've still got my fingers crossed. I've also been assured that we're going to be productive little writers during that time, but I've got a feeling that we'll be up to SHENANIGANS as much as writing. Or, perhaps, WRITING SHENANIGANS.

Ask a Question!
Anyway, the coordinator of this awesome is Maggie Stiefvator (perhaps you've heard of her?), and she's doing something fairly cool: ask a writer a question. Go to her blog here if you have any question you'd like me to answer on video (or that you'd like to ask anyone else on the List of Awesome: Maggie Stiefvater, Tessa Gratton, Brenna Yovanoff, Carrie Ryan, Jackson Pearce, Jackie Dolamore, Dawn Metcalf, Kiersten White, Jenny Moss, Julie Kagawa, Frankie Mallis, Sonia Gensler, Victoria Schwab, Natalie Standiford, Saundra Mitchell, Myra McEntire, Jessica Spotswood, Carrie Jones, Jeri Smith-Ready, Julia Karr, Elizabeth Scott, and Sarah Darer Littman).

Order Signed Books Now!
This is all a really round-about way to say: I'm going to be gone for most of February. This means, if you want to order a signed copy of ACROSS THE UNIVERSE from Fireside Books and Gifts, you might want to do that soonish...or wait until after February.  

Interviewing Break!
And--not to end on a bad note--but I'm going to put a hold on doing interviews between now and the end of February. (I'm already on a break from doing Guest Posts.) It's gotten to the point where a lot of the interviews are asking the same basic questions, and I don't want to inundate your blog feed with the same sort of things. I've still got a few interviews in the queue--I'm going to do those, but not accept any more until I'm back from the tour and things have settled down a bit. 
Post a Comment