Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Bright, Shiny New Year: Elevensie Debs!

I can't believe it's well and truly 2011. I don't think I've ever anticipated--and dreaded--a year so much before this! I'm sure I will one day look back upon 2011 as just another year and all these wound-up-tight-as-a-top emotions will seem silly, but right now, I'm still all wound up and borderline crazy.

But at least I'm not alone!

As many of you know, I'm a part of an awesome debut group of writers called The Elevensies. If you're into reading new debut work, you have GOT to check out this site--there's a bucketload of awesome there. Don't believe me? Check out this cover-compilation of all the debuts coming out this year!

15 comments:

Tess said...

Raising a glass to you over here, Beth...this is going to be a smashing year. Congrats!

Christine Tyler said...

So excited to bring in the new year by reading your book!

Susanne Winnacker said...

So many great books! I'll order your book in my local bookstore tomorrow. We don't have many English books in our stores, so I can't just walk in there and take it from the shelf. (Live in Germany). Can't wait to read it!

Jessica E. Subject said...

Looks like some great books coming out in 2011! Most excited for AtU! Already pre-ordered! :) I love the covers!

S.A. Larsenッ said...

I can only imagine the jitters in your stomach. Totally normal. You'll do fab this year, yet again!

Jodi Meadows said...

Squee, just a few more days!!!

Lynsey Newton said...

OMG it's going to be an expensive....I mean awesome year for books!! ;)

Anonymous said...

So much awesome.

And, speaking of awesome, I found a little booklet of Chapter One of ATU in an indie bookstore in Vermont and I *may* have caused a scene when I picked it up and squealed, forcing it into the hands of 3 nearby people, only one of whom I knew.

Again, *SO* much awesome!

Tracey Neithercott said...

So exciting! I can't wait to read your book--congrats on the upcoming release!

Also, there are about a dozen books there that look interesting just from the gorgeous covers. Heading over there now...

ali cross said...

Wow, some gorgeous covers there!

Congrats and WELCOME TO YOUR YEAR!!!

C.R. Evers said...

ohhhhh! I'm so excited for all of the great reading to be done this year! YaY!

and a big Congrats to all of you! :0D

Tyhitia Green said...

Congratulations, Beth! You're in great company. :-D

Natalie Aguirre said...

That's a great site. And like Susanne said, so many good books are out this year.

Patti said...

I love seeing what books are coming out. So looking forward to reading your book. I have my gift card ready to purchase it on the 11th.

Anonymous said...

Here's to a great 2011