Thursday, September 23, 2010
Posted by Beth Revis at 1:45 AM
The Bookanistas are a group of writers - in various stages of the publishing process – who have decided to band together and review the special books of our peers. No negative reviews here! We post every Thursday and cover various topics– upcoming ARCs, books we love, special diamonds in the rough, classics, and even cover reviews.
Here is a list of the Bookanistas: Christina Fonseca, Jamie Harrington, Michelle Hodkin, Kirsten Hubbard, Shelli Johannes-Wells, Myra McEntire, Shannon Messenger, Bethany Wiggins and Suzette Saxton, Beth Revis, Lisa and Laura Roecker, Sarah Frances Hardy and Katie Anderson, Scott Tracey, and Carolina Miller
This is a strange book. The first chapter is brilliant. I won't tell you why. Just read it. I finished INCARCERON a week ago, and I'm still thinking about it. It's a delicious blend of utopia and dystopia. Here are the thoughts that keep pestering my head:
- How much of a prison do we make our own lives, whether we're imprisoned or not?
- How far are you willing to go, for the greater good?
- At what point should you leave friends behind? Break a promise?
- If you could create the perfect world--would you? At what cost?
- How much of yourself should you give to protect those you love?
- Is it okay to use a few people, if you're trying to save a lot more?
- At what point does sacrifice become cruelty?
So...if you like books that make you ask those sorts of questions--"thinking" books that really dig into your brain--check INCARCERON out!
Other Bookanista Features Today: