Thursday, April 16, 2009

An Excellently Long Post on Life, The Universe, and Everything

....just kidding! I've got a new desk! It's time to write!



How about some live-blogging of writing? Edited to add:

Coming up for air at about 4:30. Completely rewrote on chapter; added about 1,000 words. Back to the grindstone! As of now, 27,700 words written.

It took me 28 k words, but the present tense voice is coming so naturally to me that now when I see a past tense verb, it looks odd.

At 28600 words, Easter candy revitalizes me.

29k words: Ugh. Must stop. Laundry must be taken in from the lines, supper must be cooked. Blergh. I need a housemaid. Or ten.

Ha! Ordered pizza! Take THAT housewifery duties!

9:00. I may have ordered pizza, but the husband still insisted that I eat in an orderly fashion, with him. I offered to eat the pizza at the new desk and he could sit in the room with me while I typed. He refused. Family time ensued, much to my chagrin. Also: found this and had to watch it three times.

9:04. Make that four times.

9:30: 30k words. But I've written myself into a corner. Back to the notes.

Poke the husband. "I am stuck," I say. "Leave me alone," he says. "I have only two more pages of my book." Poke. Poke. Poke. "WHAT?" he says. Hmph. "Nothing," I say.

9:40. I might have gotten out of that corner. Maybe. But I feel as if I'm rambling. Ah, well, that's what cuts are for!

9:53. Yes. I am out of the rut. But I've had to abandon One Really Good Idea. It didn't fit. That sucks.

10:26. 31k words. I don't think I can think straight any longer.

But I'm shooting for 40k words tomorrow. And I'll live blog it all day!


I'll update this as I go!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I totally want to get a desk and a desktop cp rather than the this labtop! Get writing!

Davin Malasarn said...

Ha ha! Happy writing!

Kelly H-Y said...

Ooohhhhh, a new desk ... so inspiring!! Have fun writing! :-)

Traci said...

Going to buy some easter candy (on sale) tonight. Hope it works. :-D

Robyn Campbell said...

Hey, you're getting more done than me. Although, I do have a good reason. But watch out tomorrow!!! :)

lotusgirl said...

Yea! Congrats! Happy writing!

About Me said...

Perhaps that idea you abandon will work its way into another piece of writing. You never know. Write it down somewhere, just in case.

C.R. Evers said...

You go girl! :0)

Pen Pen said...

:) I love this! It's like sports broadcasting! -I'm on the edge of my seat :)