Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Posted by Beth Revis at 10:16 PM
I'm leaving! For the rest of the Labor Day Weekend, I'll be splitting my time between Dragon*Con in Atlanta and Decatur Book Fest in Decatur (near Atlanta). If you're near the area, come introduce yourself to me!
Before I go, a few quick updates:
- In the past two days, the entries for the Creative Contest literally doubled! Between the increase in entries and the fact that I'm leaving tomorrow--I just can't decide on the winner right now. It will be the first thing I do when I get back early next week, though, I swear! It's just that you guys are so awesome that I can't decide!!
- I will probably be unable to check email, post here, etc., but I DO plan on tweeting (yay for SmartPhones!), so if you want to keep up with me, follow me at @BethRevis
And, just in case you'll be in Atlanta for it, here's my schedule!
· 5:30-6:30: DragonCon: A707 Marriott
o The Hunger Games: What did you love the most about the series? (all three books)
· 8:30-7:30: DragonCon: Hanover C-E Hyatt
o Harry Potter from Page to Screen: High and low points of the movie franchise; did the books translate well?
· 11:00-12:30: Decatur Book Fest; The Escape at the Decatur Library
o Past and Future Loves: the allure of romance both historic and futurisitc
· 1:00-2:00: DragonCon: Hanover C-E Hyatt
o The Hero’s Journey of Neville Longbottom: How does the Hero’s Journey translate to Neville and other secondary HP characters?
· 4:00-5:00: DragonCon: Beth Revis reading
· 10:00-11:00: DragonCon: A707-Marriott
o Read and discuss AtU book club style
· 11:30-12:30: DragonCon: Manila/Singapore/Hong Kong-Hyatt
o The Why and How of YA: Is YA right for you? Discuss differences in YA, MG, and adult fiction
· 1:00-2:00: DragonCon: A707 Marriott
o Online Interactions: How do kids and teens use technology to interact with books and authors today? Do they expect more as they turn the last page of that novel?
· 2:30-3:30: DragonCon: M301-M304-Marriott
o DragonCon Autographs