Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dragon*Con and Decatur Book Fest

I'm leaving! For the rest of the Labor Day Weekend, I'll be splitting my time between Dragon*Con in Atlanta and Decatur Book Fest in Decatur (near Atlanta). If you're near the area, come introduce yourself to me!

Before I go, a few quick updates:

  • In the past two days, the entries for the Creative Contest literally doubled! Between the increase in entries and the fact that I'm leaving tomorrow--I just can't decide on the winner right now. It will be the first thing I do when I get back early next week, though, I swear! It's just that you guys are so awesome that I can't decide!!
  • I will probably be unable to check email, post here, etc., but I DO plan on tweeting (yay for SmartPhones!), so if you want to keep up with me, follow me at @BethRevis
And, just in case you'll be in Atlanta for it, here's my schedule!


Friday
·      5:30-6:30: DragonCon: A707 Marriott
o   The Hunger Games: What did you love the most about the series? (all three books)
·      8:30-7:30: DragonCon: Hanover C-E Hyatt
o   Harry Potter from Page to Screen: High and low points of the movie franchise; did the books translate well?

Saturday
·      11:00-12:30: Decatur Book Fest; The Escape at the Decatur Library
o   Past and Future Loves: the allure of romance both historic and futurisitc
·      1:00-2:00: DragonCon: Hanover C-E Hyatt
o   The Hero’s Journey of Neville Longbottom: How does the Hero’s Journey translate to Neville and other secondary HP characters?
·      4:00-5:00: DragonCon: Beth Revis reading
o   Roswell-Hyatt

Sunday
·      10:00-11:00: DragonCon: A707-Marriott
o   Read and discuss AtU book club style
·      11:30-12:30: DragonCon: Manila/Singapore/Hong Kong-Hyatt
o   The Why and How of YA: Is YA right for you? Discuss differences in YA, MG, and adult fiction
·      1:00-2:00: DragonCon: A707 Marriott
o   Online Interactions: How do kids and teens use technology to interact with books and authors today? Do they expect more as they turn the last page of that novel?
·      2:30-3:30: DragonCon: M301-M304-Marriott
o   DragonCon Autographs

Monday: Leave!

6 comments:

Katie said...

I'm going to be at the Decatur Book Festival. Can't wait!!! :)

Trisha said...

OHhhh, I went to Dragon*Con last year. Pity I miss out this year (and every year for a while... I DO live in Australia after all). Have a great time!

Matthew MacNish said...

I'm so mad I didn't plan ahead for the prohibitive cost of DragonCon. I may be going down to meet Cole Gibsen anyway, though, in the free parts, so maybe I'll bump into you.

Anne Riley said...

I'll be in Decatur and YOU BEST BELIEVE I'll be finding you to get my copy of ATU signed!

Unknown said...

Hi Beth! I'm attending The Escape at the Decatur Library. Looking forward to meeting you and Myra. See you there!

Angela said...

Ohhh... have fun! I love (and miss) Hot-lanta!