My Favorite Things about the Minneapolis Tour Stop:
- Picture time! Everyone was so friendly and wonderful, and I particularly enjoyed the girls who kept taking pictures with us--it was so much fun to take "just one more" :)
- Being totally stumped. One of the questions from the audience was "What's one question you're never asked, but you wish you were." All five of us just sort of looked at each other, stumped, and it took us quite a bit of time to come up with an answer!
My Favorite Things about the Hennepin Library & Red Balloon Bookstore:
- The GORGEOUS glass front building--so very pretty, especially as the sun set and the glass sparkled.
- Mochas! I am easily bought: provide me with caffeine, and I'm yours.
- Naomi, our teenage moderater, was so sweet (and had the cutest glasses.)
- I adored how the library made sure to get some swag for their book clubs and made such an effort to get the teens in the area involved. Much appreciated!
- The audience questions were fantastic! I loved how everyone took time to come up with such thoughtful questions and were so patient with us as we tried to answer them well.
Some WOW Moments:
- One audience member was from China! He was visiting America for only ten days, and he chose to spend one evening with us--that was so amazing to me.
- TWO different readers (one of them was one of our hosts) were named Amy! That always makes me smile.
Meanwhile...if you were at the event and took pics, I'd love copies! Please email me--I'll post them here with a link to you, if you'd like. I have a feeling my mother won't believe any of this has actually happened unless I show her pictures :D
And don't forget: if you're tweeting, use #breathlesstour
Next event: Denver! Come to the Highlands Ranch branch of the Tattered Cover from 7:00-10:00pm. Details here.