Friday, February 4, 2011

I AM THE QUEEN OF ALL PACKING!

It took me the better part of the day, but I finished packing.

And boy, am I proud.

In the backpack: laptop, iPod, notebooks, pens, sweater and stuff I couldn't fit in suitcase.

In suitcase: ENOUGH CLOTHES FOR FOURTEEN DAYS HOLY WOW. That, ladies and gentlemen, is a CARRYON. I DON'T HAVE TO CHECK ANY LUGGAGE HURRAH!!!!!

In a related noted: if you are looking for a backpack that can carry a laptop, I recommend the Everki brand. This one is the one I got--it (a) fits a 17" MacBook Pro (which is a feat in and of itself), (b) is flight-friendly because the laptop part unzips for the TSA scanners, (c) has the best warranty I've ever seen, and (d) is like the TARDIS: bigger on the inside.

< / commercial>

So anyway, I'm packing up. Tomorrow: RETREAT OF DOOM AWESOME! And then: TOUR!

(Both of which I'm secretly terrified to be a part of. What if they don't like me? What if they point and laugh at me? Eep!)

I *hope* to be blogging throughout the tour, and I *will* be Tweeting. But there WILL be a fairly awesome blogpost coming...say, Monday....that involves TEN prizes....which are AWESOME....

*whistles innocently*

I shouldn't SAY anything. But they didn't tell me I couldn't SHOW you a hint....


TWO contests coming this month. One involves the poster picture above. One involves the things IN the picture. First contest starts on Monday!

*dances off to try to stuff one more thing into luggage...*

21 comments:

Lacey J Edwards said...

Lol! Congrats! Hope you have a blast on the retreat!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Beth!
Wishing you safe travels.
Your February is going to be Fabulous!
:)
All the best,
Rob

(Previous comment deleted due to embarrassing typo)

Jenny said...

Wow - I bow to your mega packing skillz!

And can't wait to meet you and the other awesome ladies on the 10th... prepare yourself for Minnesota weather!! :-)

Shannon O'Donnell said...

That has to be a gold medal packing job, Beth. Wow! And as for the *contest*, I'm still missing 3 of those *things*, so I'll be hanging around. Not that I'm not always here anyway or anything. He he he.

Have a wonderful 14 days! :-)

Christine Tyler said...

All carry-ons? For fourteen days? You WIN.

writergal24 said...

Have fun on your retreat!

Abby Minard said...

Ooh, yay have fun in Branson. Hope the snow doesn't delay anyone. It's snowing right now, and then more snow to come on Sunday night.

Um, and yeah, you are totally the queen of carry-ons. I bow before you.

Unknown said...

You're going to rock. Try not to be too nervous, they're going to love you and ALL of your awesome!!!

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Enjoy, dearie!

Jessica E. Subject said...

Woo-hoo! More contests! *squee*

Can't believe you fit all of your clothes in a carry-on. You are amazing.

Have a great time at the retreat then on tour! I'm sure tons of people will show up. I would if I lived closer. All the best!

Alyssa Kirk said...

Nice packing job! I hate checking luggage. Have fun - your tour will be fantastic!

Jemi Fraser said...

I'm impressed!!! Enjoy your retreat and your tour - should be full of awesome! :)

Liza said...

You will be great!

Anonymous said...

Ooo, looking forward to more contests! Have a great, great time at your retreat...happy packing, too :)

Karen Lange said...

Congrats to you, Beth! Have fun! :)

Shari said...

You are not only the queen ofp facking, but I think you are the queen of awesome. So, have a great retreat and tour!

Shana Silver said...

Have a great time! I am planning on coming to the NYC signing! Yay Bookanista meet-up!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Hope you enjoy the retreat.

The Words Crafter said...

I've been very absent lately due to illness. Hoping to get back into the groove....

Congrats on the #7 NY Bestseller List! Wow! And don't worry, they're gonna love you. Have fun!

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

So excited for your tour! Woot!