Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Creative Picture Runners-Up!

So, as I mentioned yesterday, there were a few stand-outs in the Creative Picture Contest that I just couldn't help but pester them ask them if I could feature their pictures, too. And good news! All but one of these were emailed entries, so they're probably new to you, too :D

This one by Jasmine was featured on the Facebook page, too, and was a serious contender for winner (as well as this one with her friend Jacinda). This one wins for me, though, based solely on the fact that my husband totally loves these old arcade style games, and I just think it's hilarious to make the book play the old Asteroids. It totally had me cracking up.



This one by Ashley totally blew my mind. I have to be honest...I've not see Tron yet. But I love the allusion to it here, and the fact that she's holding the book up, and the logo in the corner, and the moon! The moon!!!



I know Heather's a friend of mine, but I promise that didn't sway me in picking her as a runner-up. I just thought this picture was ADORABLE. It reminded me of Calvin and Hobbes in all the best ways. And the lighting here was just magical. And she's hugging the book. I'm so partial to anyone who hugs my book. And the helmet! The helmet!!!



Eve's entry didn't technically qualify because it's an ARC (and she knew that--she just sent it in to share with me, not to enter), but I liked it so much I totally threw it in this post to be a runner-up. It's just...you guyssss.....she put my little book next to FIREFLY and HITCHHIKERS GUIDE!!!! And the books are all cussing in their own special way! Y'all know I like me some cussing! XD


And that's it--my own personal runners up! I really and truly and sincerely totally loved all of your entries! It was so amazing to just see all of you guys with my book! I can't even put into words how cool that was. But unless iMovie fails me, I should hopefully have a video... Shhh. I can't say nothing yet.

12 comments:

Christina said...

I love the box/astronaut one! SO cute!

Christine Tyler said...

The last one makes me laugh. I think every author should coin their own swears. Ah, and the box helmet for the win.

lotusgirl said...

These are great. I thought the last one with the "swears" especially clever. Plus, I'm a new fan of Firefly. I'm doling it out it small bites because there's so little of it. I don't want it to end.

Hardygirl said...

These are so much fun!!

sf

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Oh, these are so creative and fun! *grins*

Jasmine Cervik said...

Thanks so much, Beth! :)

Jasmine
The Reading Housewives

Tracey Neithercott said...

I loved these, especially Heather's in that box. That was awesome!

Jeigh said...

I love the Calvin and Hobbes helmet! The look on her face...so wistful.

Christine Fonseca said...

Love these pics!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

All good choices! I love the one with the moon!! :-)

Shari said...

Such clever ideas! Ah, to be so creative.

Carolyn Abiad said...

I like the Calvin and Hobbes take on it too. There's some serious genius in that man's work! I think a great pic would be a girl prying your book out of someone's cryofrozen hands... Also, I just heard that you'll be at the WNBA Charlotte meeting this month and I'm excited to meet you in person. I've got several books to sign - for me and my bloggery friends! And thanks for your help with my query over on Matt's site the other day. I whittled it down to 159 words + housekeeping. :)