Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Today, In Class... Shoot-out at the Egyptian Corral

We're learning about Egyptian literature in class now, and I mentioned King Tut.

Kid 1: How'd he die?

Me: Well, no one knows for sure. There was some suspicious stuff surrounding his death. But archaeologists have examined his body, and he does have a big hole in his head. (I take a breath to explain more...)

Kid 2: Ohmygosh! Did someone shoot him?!

Entire Class: *slow-turn of heads to stare at Kid 2*

Kid 2: What?! Is that what really happened?!

Entire Class: *facepalm*

15 comments:

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

:) well, I'm just saying, King Tut sounds like a gangsta....

Linda Kage said...

Kids say the best stuff!

PJ Hoover said...

You know I have to comment on this one. Love it!

Samantha Elliott said...

Isn't that what happened?!

Ohhhh, sorry, I'm confusing King Tut with Alexander the Great. My bad.

;)

Unknown said...

PJ: I knew you'd like this one!! :)

lotusgirl said...

Dying laughing over here! Thanks for that.

Patricia Koelle said...

You gave me the laugh of the day. Thanks!

Elana Johnson said...

These are my favorite posts of yours. Love them!

Danyelle L. said...

*grin* Well, how else would he get the hole in his head? :p

Joshua McCune said...

Sounds like a good alternate history story

Corey Schwartz said...

You should compile these into a book!

B.J. Anderson said...

LOL! That's awesome.

Kelly H-Y said...

Seriously, please tell me you've got these all compiled somewhere ... you've got a hilarious book on your hands somewhere in the near future!!!!

Unknown said...

Haha, Kelly, this is the one and only place where they're compiled! :)

Natalie said...

I needed a good chuckle. Thanks.