Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Solution

Thanks for all the suggestions on getting over the writing hump, guys!

I think, in the end, I do just need a break.

But I also think that break is coming to an end.

So, what next?

Well, I've been playing around with this idea.

See, as most of you know, I believe that most people's first novel is a practice novel. But, in my case, I needed more than one practice novel.

But there's this one practice novel...I love it. I've come back to it again and again.

And now I think I'm going back to it one more time. Like a moth to a flame. I'm going to completely rewrite it. Bones up. Take the plot from the story I love, and dress it with the writing skills I've developed since I've written more, different novels.

In the past, I took the original file and tweaked it.

Not this time.

This time, I rewriting. Every word. From almost-scratch (there are a few scenes I want to keep--but literally, just a few).

How about you? Have you ever gone back to a rough draft after writing another novel since then? Link
Post a Comment