Thursday, September 17, 2009

Today in Class: Not for Clothes

We read West African proverbs today in class. I then had the kids illustrate the literal and figurative meanings of the proverbs.

Kid: Mrs. Revis! Mrs. Revis! Come look at my drawing!

Kid shows me a drawing. His proverb was, essentially, about avoiding danger.

Me: OK, I see where you're going with this. That guy's running away from this guy with a gun, and this one with a knife. But what is this girl holding?

Kid: A hanger.

In the kid's defense, it totally looks like a hanger. I just could not tell how a hanger would mean danger for a person.

Me: Why is the girl chasing the guy with a hanger in her hand?

Kid: Cause she wants to hang him!

12 comments:

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

I love that. *big smile* It reminds me, though, of something kind of pathetic--the Raggedy Ann picture of her with the stuffing removed and her limp, cloth body hanging to dry on the line.

Abby Annis said...

Thanks for the laugh!!

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

HAHAHAA!

Jennifer said...

Lol, I love it! :D

Miriam Forster said...

Heehee.. Well, in the kid's defense, it is actually possible to strangle someone with a hanger. (Though I imagine it would be difficult, especially with a plastic one.)

Thanks for the laugh!

Kelly H-Y said...

Oh, I do love these posts!!!

Unknown said...

Hi :)
Thanks for the fun post!
:)
All the best,
@RKCharron
xxoo

Clementine said...

This is why I love kids. That is GREAT!

Robyn Campbell said...

That kid has a great sense of humor! I love him!! :) Give that kid an A for the year! :)

Elana Johnson said...

ROTFL! Kids!

Keri Mikulski said...

Love it! ;)

lotusgirl said...

My kids and I have been dying laughing at this one and some of the recent ones. It helped lighten the day's mood with all this rain.