Thursday, January 29, 2009

Follow Up: What Would You Do....

I love scenarios. :) So a follow up what if question:

If you knew that you would have to write 20 books--and write them well--and at the end of writing 20, only one would ever be published--but that one would not be published unless all 20 were written and perfected--but despite the hard work, the other 19 would not be published....would it be worth it? Is it worth putting that much time, effort, blood, sweat, and tears into 20 manuscript if you knew that only one would eventually be published?

Discuss.

:)

7 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I got lost halfway through that question. Basically, yes, I'll write whether I get published or not. The journey is the fun - and looking towards that horizon and dreaming.

C.R. Evers said...

yes

PJ Hoover said...

Here's where my husband gets so frustrated with me when he asks me hypothetical questions. :)

Me - I'd refuse to believe it. I would try to get each and every one published. And so, since I refused to believe it, I'd write all 20.

I know, I'm not fair.

Keri Mikulski said...

Yes! Everyone one would make the 20th that much better. :) Then, the 20th might be the one. The one that people talk about forever. And that's worth 19 books. :)

Good question.

Unknown said...

Glam: Sorry that the question was so confusing! I don't always write on the fly well :)

CR: Me, too!

PJ: HAHA! I do that, too!!

Keri: I agree--besides...20 books aren't that much, huh?

Bowman said...

PJ and Beth,

I too am a fan of disbelieving supposed impossibilities. Put me down for 19 moooaaarrr!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

The question wasn't confusing. It was just my tired brain. :)