Monday, January 5, 2009

Awards and linkspam!

Oh, argh. Starting back to school already?! Blegh.

But here's a bit of sunshine on my (urgh!) first day back:

Tabitha nominated me for the Butterfly Award!
(which is doubly awesome as I love butterflies and used them as a theme to my wedding)

The Butterfly Award rules:

1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. Award up to 10 other blogs.
4. Add links to those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message for your awardees on their blogs.

So, in return, I nominate:
Justus: if you have a baby and a writing career, you deserve every award out there
Lois: you just got a new blog, now you need some awards to pimp it with!
Christine: I'm beta reading her work, and trust me, she deserves an award for it :)
Vivian: I got the ARCs for winning the drawing on her blog, and it totally made my Christmas break awesome!


Anyway, linkspam:

Books + art = tattoos?

Just finished Graceling (book review to come soon), and was very happy to see that the next book comes out this year...and will probably be added to my fifty for 2009.

Angela Cerrito has a new writing challenge (with a critique prize) over on her blog.

Justine Larbalestier is giving writing advice. Go. Ask. Learn.

A new writing opportunity for short stories in YA/MG/just cool stuff.

Why did I never notice this before? Query Tracker seems like an awesome why to acquire and organize data on agents for queries.

I think one of my fifty in 2009 will be a Class of 2k9 book...

This may only interest me, but here's the new Doctor Who, funny hair and all. And I do like this new Cullen-mockery of him!

6 comments:

christine M said...

Hey! Thanks for the award! How cool is that!

lotusgirl said...

Wow! Thank you for thinking of my blog. I love butterflies too. I suppose they will go with my new flower decor.

PJ Hoover said...

It all is great! And I'll look forward to your Graceling review!

Vivian Mahoney said...

Thanks, Beth! For the award and the links! I echo PJ and can't wait to read your review on The Graceling.

Happy New Year!

Christina Farley said...

You've got some great links here. And yes, I love query tracker too!

Unknown said...

Christine, Lois, and Vivian: No worries---you absolutely deserve it! And sorry--I meant to go on your blogs and tell you, but I forgot!

PJ: I am still "processing" Graceling. I've actually read three books over break, but I plan on finishing the Graceling review first--it's by far the most anticipated :)

Christina: I still don't know how I missed QT for so long, but I am quite liking it!