My Favorite Things about the Salt Lake City Stop:
- o.O <--My face when I saw how big the auditorium was, and then:
- O.o <--My face when I saw how many people filled up the auditorium.
- This one was mean, but I didn't intend it to be. One of the audience questions was, "Is it hard to get published?" and I burst out laughing like a hyena. I'm sorry, questioner! I wasn't laughing at you, I was laughing at me!!
My Favorite Things about Salt Lake City Library & The King's English Bookstore:
- What. A. Beautiful. Library.
- It was kind of cool how I saw it--I missed it while driving in, and then the driver took us to the parking deck. When we exited the elevator, we were right in front of the library, and it was all shiny and pretty from the sun.
- Also: At the parking deck, as we were getting on the elevator, this girl walked out, tapping on her phone. It was totally Elana Johnson. So I said her name, she looked up, and we both started screaming and jumping up and down like crazy people.
- Tickets! The King's English gave out tickets (that looked like bookmarks) for people to organize the signing--I thought it was cool that they were so unique in this, and several people had their tickets signed. Very neat.
Some WOW Moments:
- ELANA FREAKING JOHNSON CAME TO THE SIGNING!
- HEATHER FREAKING ZUNDEL CAME TO THE SIGNING!
- COLLEEN FREAKING HOUCK CAME TO THE SIGNING!
- Presents!!! (I am easily bought)
- Ally gave all the girls on the tour a BEAUTIFUL necklace with a charm that says "breathless" and a gem that matches our cover. Holy wow.
- Heather gave me a boat from Thailand that has KOI FISH in it!!!
- Some wonderful charming girls who were just adorable gave all of us great bracelets that they made themselves--beads (color coordinated with our book covers) that said Aloha BR!
Meanwhile...if you were at the event and took pics, I'd love copies! Please email me--I'll post them here with a link to you, if you'd like. I have a feeling my mother won't believe any of this has actually happened unless I show her pictures :D
And don't forget: if you're tweeting, use #breathlesstour
Next event: Raleigh, NC! Come to Quail Ridge Bookstore on February 25th from 7:00-10:00pm. Details here.
This is just so nice. And your lovely necklaces...*sigh*. A time you'll always remember...
It was really great to meet you, Beth! Loved the necklaces. :)
I will see you in Raleigh!
And I THINK I will be doing a little interview with y'all since I'm the "official blogger" for the event! So excited! :)
You seem to have so much fun. I'm jealous, really really really really ... jealous.
Have more fun and tell us about it.
Nahno ∗ McLein ™
Aw, man! I wish I would've thought to have everyone sign my ticket! I realized when I got home that I forgot to have you sign my bookmark too. Oh well, it was just fun to meet you and hear you talk about your book! You were a delight. :)
OMG! ME AND DELANA ARE SO HAPPY WE GOT MENTIONED ON YOUR BLOG FOR GIVING YOU BRACELETS!!!!
It was sooo fun stalking, er, meeting you! It made Saturday an awesome day for me. BTW, your necklaces were beautiful.
Sounds like it was great. So cool that you met Elana.
This is fantastic! You sound all kinds of happy and I'm so sad I missed meeting you! Elana had you sign books for me, which is great, but isn't MEETING YOU. :( Sad for me.
But thank you for your awesome book which I'm quite sure is going to be in my top five for the year. LOVED IT!!!
I caught your reaction to the publishing comment on video. I don't think you laughed as loud as you think you did ;)
It's a lovely blog!
Post a Comment