As if you couldn't guess already....this week, my Bookanista post is going to be all about Lisa and Laura Roecker's THE LIAR SOCIETY!
I was lucky enough to read an early draft of this novel and it is just as fun as the cover suggests. So, in case you've not heard of this novel (and how could you not have, given the pink flooding Twitter?) here's a quick summary: Kate is grieving the death of her bff when she suddenly gets an email...from said dead bff. That email launches her onto a search to find out what REALLY happened. Kate's not going to let anything stand in her way--bedecked in her inherited pearls from her bff, she is willing to tear apart the very foundation of her elite prep school to uncover the truth. Problem is, someone doesn't want that truth uncovered. Throw in a nerdy boy, a hot guy, and enough sass to merit the pink hair, and you've got a great story!
Things I loved about THE LIAR SOCIETY:
- Kate's voice. You hear over and over and over how important voice is to a novel. Well, wanna know what good voice looks like? Check out Kate.
- The little details. This is what makes a good novel great. It really is the small things, like Kate demanding a full-fat frap, her nickname for her frenemy, the smell of smoke...all those tiny little details make the story that much more vivid.
- A good mystery. You KNOW I love twists and turns and who-did-it-zomg-who-did-it!?!?!?! This book has all of that. AND MORE.
I hope the vids this week have done a lot to convince you to go out and pick up a copy! Get pink, photoshop (or dye!) your hair, and see you next week for some AWESOME SIGNED prizes! (YES! I SAID PRIZES!!!!)
Want to find out what the other Bookanistas are raving about today?
- Elana Johnson is tickled pink for The Liar Society
- LiLa Roecker is blown away by A Touch Mortal
- Shannon Messenger can’t lie about her love for The Liar Society
- Shelli Johannes-Wells burns for AngelFire
- Scott Tracey is more than a touch impressed with A Touch Mortal
- Myra McEntire is A Touch Mortal this week
- Beth Revis tells the truth about The Liar Society
- Christine Fonseca is leveled by Leverage
- Carolina Valdez Miller has tons to say about One
- Jessi Kirby soars for Across the Universe
- Jenn Hayley adores The Liar Society
- Shana Silver can’t imagine you not reading Imaginary Girls
- Katie Anderson wants to be Like Mandarin
- Matt Blackstone loves The Hate List
- Stasia Ward Kehoe falls head over heals for Fall for Anything
- Sarah Frances Hardy sings her praises for Mockingbird
- Veronica Rossi thinks Unearthly is otherworldly
- Michelle Hodkin champions A Dog's Way Home
Loved your #1 fan video. Thanks to you, Elana, and Shannon, I got the Roeckers to pinkify my hair today. I'm looking forward to reading the book.
THANK YOU BETH! We adore you and can't thank you enough for your support and your eagle eyes on that early draft of our manuscript. People, this woman *knows* her sh...er..stuff.
Can't say how anxious I am to read this! It's killing me!
And your video? LOVED!
Your reviews are always so awesome.
Post a Comment