My Favorite Things about the Raleigh City Stop:
- Seeing so many friends--
- I had a pile of former students there who I taught in high school and who are now going to my college, NCSU. I taught them well ;) It was just so so so so so wonderful to walk into the bookstore and see my old students there. I admit: I was a little teary-eyed. But I won't be telling them that!
- And I loved seeing my former roommates (hi Lori! hi Melissa!) showed up, as well as some great friends from college who I'd not seen in forever (hi Amber! hi Melissa! hi Lisa!)
- And meeting new friends--bloggers and readers and fellow writers!
- And, since this stop was so close to home...I was able to bring my mom! Don't tell her, but I liked having her around ;)
My Favorite Things about Quail Ridge Bookstore:
- Coming home! This was my home turf, y'all! I used to go to Quail Ridge when I had a little money saved in college, and wander around the store dreaming. And tonight I was there! It was AMAZING.
- The crowd. Was. WOW. We got to the event late--there was a bit of mix-up with our driver, and then traffic was terrible due to the hockey game. (Which meant we missed out on our one-on-one interviews :[ ) But when we walked in the door, we were FLOORED by how many people had come! It was such an amazing crowd! There were TONS of chairs...and they ran out of them! People were standing, sitting on the floor, leaning on bookcases!!! It was insane! And WONDERFUL.
- GREAT questions from both the moderators and the audience! I had to think on my feet a few times! I'm afraid, also, that I've lead them down the wrong path...I kept talking about exploding things, but that tends to happen more in Book 2. My mind is SO stuck in Book 2, though, that I'm starting to get everything muddled up!
Some WOW Moments:
- There was a beautiful bouquet of roses on the table. They were GORGEOUS. They were all different sorts--crimson, pink, orange, and--my fave--blue moon. When I sat down, I couldn't help but smell their lovely fragrance. And then the bookstore people told me those flowers were FOR ME! That my wonderful critique partner and friend, Christy, had sent them to me!!!! *died* I was so shocked and touched!!!
- Also, Extreme Reader brought us custom-made individual beaded bookmarks that matched our books. Stunning beautiful!
- And have I mentioned seeing my students? And friends from college? Because I'm getting all sappy thinking about it again. I <3 you guys.
- After the event, Kiersten, Ally, Andrea, Brenna, and I (and my mom) all went back to the hotel for a late supper. There are three things that were amazing about that. (1) the truffle-oil flavored french fries, (2) the Nutella mousse cake, and (3) having dinner with these awesome ladies. I can't believe it's over. But this was truly a time I will never forget!
...and that's it. The end of my first book tour. I can't imagine there being anything more wonderful: it was filled with laughter, hugs, friends, and books.
It sounds like you have a blast, Beth! Really wish I could've made it up to see you guys!!
You did an awesome job, Beth! It was so good to see you looking so happy and in your element. Love you!
This was my first time attending a book signing and I had the best time! It was great finally meeting you! (and everyone else)!!
Raleigh sounds like it was a blast! Happy you all had such a lovely time and you got to see some old friends and students :D
I had a blast last night! I am glad you like your bookmark. I still owe one to Ally and Kristen! You guys were so funny and I loved all your stories and advice. Thanks and I will see you in Salisbury in March.
I can't believe I haven't seen your blog before, espcially since I've been following Elana for a while. Anyhow, good to meet you. I'm your newest follower. My blog is at: www.idevourkidbooks.blogspot.com Best,
It was a really great event! And don't worry, I loved when you talked about blowing stuff up!
Such a great signing!
I'm so sad I didn't get to interview you ladies one on one! Maybe I can do an email interview with you at some point! :)
I'm gonna do a blog post on it - so I'll send you the link. :)
I had a ball and couldn't help but want to jump over the table, grab the mike and answer the questions about my book. #SignsYouWantToBeAnAuthor
Congratulations on such a successful, wonderful tour! Sounds awesome :)
Beth, just found your blog and literally experienced heart palpitations reading about this. It sounds like it was just amazing and what a wonderful experience for you (and everyone that made their way out to see you!). New follower:)
How cool to be on home turf and I'm glad it was so wonderful! Any chance of making it to Hickory?
Sounds like I missed a great tour stop. I was really looking forward to going and meeting you and the other authors (along with some bloggers), but I woke up sick the day of the signing and ended up not going. ^_^
Post a Comment