- These lovely ladies-- @irisheyz77@danijohns @jenlam26 @nikkayme @daniellebunner --made me COOKIES!!! There were some (c) Victoria Schwab cookies and and AND SNICKERDOODLES. *dies of bliss* That was really about the awesomest thing ever.
- Agent and editor and Penguin peeps time
- By far, the biggest thing I love about NYC is the ability to see the people who made my dreams come true. It was especially awesome because:
- I got to celebrate with margaritas AND wine
- I got to put a name to a face (hi Casey! hi Erin!)
- I got to talk about edits with my editors in person
- Basically I spent the whole time with them grinning like an idiot
- The super-super-super cute cafe in the front. Did I mention cute?
- The perfect cup of coffee: I needed it, and the wonderful Jennifer provided the BEST coffee.
- Art: beautiful bookish art surrounded us the entire time. So cool. I sat near a whole Shaun Tan corner and it was amazing.
- Such friendly people! It was so wonderful how nice everyone was.
- A magical setting--this is SUCH the kind of whimsical bookstore I'd have loved to have gotten lost in as a kid. Wish I could have wandered the aisles more!
Some WOW Moments:
- GAYLE FREAKING FOREMAN CAME TO THE EVENT!!!
- It was such a fangirl moment. SUCH A FANGIRL MOMENT. She came through the whole line, and I just stared, possibly slack-jawed and drooling, to be in her presence. Holy freak, that was Gayle Foreman!!!!
- So many bloggy friends! I can't even name you all, but it was just stunning to see you and put a name with the faces and blogs I've been reading forever. I <3 you guys. I want to name you all individually, but I'm terrified of leaving someone out and inadvertently offending you.
Buy Signed Books of All Members of the Tour from Books of Wonder Here!
Don't Forget to Enter for a Signed Poster Here!
Meanwhile...if you were at the event and took pics, I'd love copies! Please email me--I'll post them here with a link to you, if you'd like. I have a feeling my mother won't believe any of this has actually happened unless I show her pictures :D
And don't forget: if you're tweeting, use #breathlesstour
Next event: Minneapolis! Come to the Hennepin County Library from 7:00-10:00pm. Details here.
Aw....we love you!!!! Glad you enjoyed your cookies. I think I like you even more now that I met you! :)
And yes, Gayle Foreman. I was too nervous to say hi--but I really wanted to. Ask Nikki.
Have fun at stop #2!
it was so awesome to meet you!! I had so much fun at the event =)
Beth, I wasn't sure if it was possible for me to love you more, but after today/last night, I do.
And I am so happy you loved the cookies! Cookies make all occasions that much better :-)
Have a blast on the rest of the tour!
It was alot of fun to meet you! You were so entertaining with all of your answers :) I did not see Gayle, I wish I did. And yes, Books of Wonder has the best cafe ever! I see how you neglected to tell everyone it is a CUPCAKE cafe. Haha.
Have fun on your next stop.
Wow. This is so cool. You really are living the dream. I can't think of a nicer person for it to happen to!
Sounds amazing! *gets vicarious rush* So, so happy for you! ;)
What an amazing time you had. Enjoy your next stop!
I'm so glad it went well!! I'm really excited to hit up the Breathless Tour in Raleigh!!! :)
It was nice to finally meet you in person and I was thrilled to see the turn-out! Good luck on the next stop.
Bring on SLC this Saturday. I'll be there. Hopefully we can chat for a moment. So glad you've had a good time so far.
Great meeting you, Beth, and I did really love that necklace of your Mom's, lol!
I'm uploading my pics now and will be sending them to you!
Have fun on the tour! :)
Oh it was very nice meeting you too! Last night was AMAZING! I hope you are able to head to the city again soon !
How fun! What an amazing time! I so wish terribly, terribly I could come see you. So I guess you'll have to come and tour in Florida next!
It was great meeting you yesterday!
I'll be thinking of you on Saturday, Beth! Have a wonderful tour.
It was so great meeting you!! Glad you enjoyed the cookies. The long trip and the sleep deprivation the next in classes was soooo worth it!
Hey Beth, they aren't the greatest because I was far away, but here are some pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ishanella/sets/72157625838191259/
oops, seems like it cut off the ending, let me try using a short url: http://j.mp/exZRaZ
Post a Comment