My Favorite Things about the Denver Stop:
- Danika, the teen interviewer. She was PRECIOUS. She had a cute little reporters notebook, had prepped questions for each of us, took brilliant notes, and she even had business cards. Business cards!!!! It was too cute for words.
- Audience questions--once again, I was just blown away by how thoughtful the questions from the audience were. It was wonderful to really think of new answers and share with everyone.
My Favorite Things about Tattered Cover:
- The enticing displays. We all got a little lost just walking through the door because there were so many neat and beautiful display tables of books.
- The tile in the bathroom--the tiles were different book covers! I think I scared a lady because I spent so much time just staring at the tiles in the bathroom.
- Friendly friendly friendly people. One of the people who worked there CLAPPED when we came in! Judy moderated the whole event wonderfully, and I really just felt surrounded by love. These were some great, down-home friendly people, and I totally appreciated that.
- Tattered Cover also gave all of us gifts: bookmarks engraved with our names and the date. I cried when I got mine. No lie.
Some WOW Moments:
- BECCA FREAKING FITZPATRICK CAME TO THE EVENT!!!!
- Brenna was to my left and saw Becca first and did a little yelp of joy, and then when I saw who it was I nearly fell out of my seat!!!
- One of the people in attendance (LemonLight) had drawn out bookplates for each of our covers. They. Were. AMAZING. Such detail--she had really read through the books and picked out things in them that would emphasize the story. In mine, Amy was holding herself as if she were cold, and Elder stood over a canopy of stars. Really: amazing. Just truly beautiful.
Meanwhile...if you were at the event and took pics, I'd love copies! Please email me--I'll post them here with a link to you, if you'd like. I have a feeling my mother won't believe any of this has actually happened unless I show her pictures :D
And don't forget: if you're tweeting, use #breathlesstour
Next event: Salt Lake City! Come to the SLC Library from 2:00-4:00pm. Details here.
WOW! This went up fast.
I'm so glad I got to listen to all of you talk. There were a few people in the back taking copious notes. I hope the rest of the tour is as fun as it was tonight.
Thanks for signing my book. <3
Dang. Sorry I missed your stop in Denver. I hope you have fun in SLC - their library is amazing (or at least it was 8 years ago).
Wow, that was so thoughtful of Tattered books to give you guys engraved book marks.
See you in a few hours, Beth! Squee!!!!
really enjoyed meeting you all yesterday at Tattered Cover! Sounds like you're having an excellent time. :) Good luck! I have a couple of pics, not sure how they turned out yet. Stay tuned...
I get to actually meet you today! Yea!!!! Hope you have fun in SLC.
Sorry to hijack the comments, but I just finished Across the Universe and I had to stop and gush. OMG. Thank you for writing this. It was amazing. A-ma-zing. I finished, handed it to my daughter and told her to read it NOW. When she gets done, I'll be down at the local library pushing them to get a copy. Seriously.
:end gush: ;o)
This sounds lovely~ I really want to go to Tattered Cover and see the amazing bathroom and everything else now! lol
Post a Comment