Monday, August 2, 2010
Posted by Beth Revis at 12:30 PM
Anyway--what do you guys use to write? I'm in the laptop market, and it's got me thinking about the best tools of the trade.
- A legal notepad and a good pen (like a fine point Sharpie) to write out scenes and notes. I don't outline, but I will sketch out a few ideas in advance that I know I want to go in the ms.
- A computer, preferably a laptop, preferably a Mac. <--That's what I'm getting Saturday. Life will be better then.
- Scrivener. THE BEST WRITING SOFTWARE EVAR. *cough* Maybe I'm opinionated.
- Music: usually 2-3 upbeat or emotional songs that I play on constant repeat. I don't even listen to them, just the beat. I don't focus on the sounds, but I hate working in silence.
- A really loud, clacky keyboard. None of these smooth, silent keys for me.
- Internets. I check out twitter or blogs between scenes.
- A drink--either Sprite Zero or coffee, typically.
- Email and GoogleWave--for when I start panicking that I suck and will never be good enough, so I can email my writing buds and they can talk me off the ledge (again)