Monday, August 16, 2010

Letter to Myself

Anna Staniszewski is running a series on her blog that is just genius: she's asking writers to write a letter to their younger selves.

Elana Johnson's letter to herself kicked off the series, followed by YA author Brian Yansky's letter to himself.

And today it's me! :)

I...um...I'm actually really proud of how it turned out. I started out writing something really silly and cutesy, but then I scraped that and wrote the truth, and it turned out much better.

10 comments:

Anna Staniszewski said...

You should be proud of how it turned out, Beth! Judging by the comments so far, people are loving it. Thanks so much for taking part!

Kelly Polark said...

Excellent letter to your younger self! What a great idea!

Matthew MacNish said...

What a cool idea! Headed over now.

Jemi Fraser said...

I'll check it out - sounds fun!

Corey Schwartz said...

Oh, going over now to read!

Misty Waters said...

So that reminded me of that fantastic series you did in June(?). Which I loved every day of, btw. Reading your stuff gives me hope that it's all still possible for me, too. I just need to be patient.

Thanks for all the inspiration! You rock:)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the heads up about this series. I'll have to check it out! God bless!

Carolyn V. said...

That is just so cool! =)

Miriam Forster said...

I seriously want to go back in time and give your younger self a hug. *looks for time machine*

Jessica Bell said...

Oh my gosh what a great letter that was! The hair on my arms stood up!

Are you a writer? Then you MUST enter this CONTEST!