Friday, July 25, 2008

What I Bought

*Sigh* Remember when I couldn't decide what to buy on Amazon? Here's my final choices:

-The Adoration of Jenna Fox (It was between this and Jay Asher's Thirteen Reasons Why. It was a close call, but a recent review on the Bookids blog tipped it for Jenna)

-Anansi Boys, by Neil Gaiman. Entirely because bookshelves of doom said it was like Douglas Adams's works.

-Screwball, by Keri Mikulski. Cuz her blog is awesome.

-The Theif, by Megan Whalen Turner. Because the other books in the series look good.

-Fly by Night, by Frances Hardridge. Because of the great reviews on Amazon and bookshelves of doom.

-Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt. Because the concept just sounds brilliant.

And I've got Graceling and The Emerald Tablet on pre-order! And I've also got about 100 books on my "Buy Later" tab in Amazon...

...now I've just got to find that stupid credit card...

3 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Oooh, good ones. I've been wondering about Anansi Boys, and Jenna Fox was a great read.
And thanks again for pre-ordering!

Unknown said...

I just wish the print date would come sooner so I could read yours! It sounds right up my alley.

Good to know Jenna was as good as the review said...I'm really looking forward to it. And I've heard such wonderful things about AB...and Neil Gaiman is a rockstar of a writer...I just can't wait!

Keri Mikulski said...

Thanks for the order. :)

Thirteen Reasons Why is on my TBR pile. We can compare it to The Adoration of Jenna Fox. :) I always have a ton of books on Buy Later. I love new books.