Saturday, July 19, 2008

Argh!

I've been reading too much bookshelves of doom. It's not fair. She's got so many great book recs out there that my Amazon cart is currently showing nearly $200 worth of books!!! How am I supposed to afford nearly $200 worth of books?! I'm a teacher! I can't afford, you know, stuff!

Just argh.

So, anyway, what would everyone's recommendations for YA books be now? I'm looking for new, recently published stuff. (And I've already got Screwball on the list, and The Emerald Tablet is pre-ordered :) )

6 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Beth!
I just ordered $70 worth of Class of 2k8 books today from Amazon.
Have you read Madapple by Christina Meldrum? It's fabulous!

Unknown said...

I haven't heard of that one...but that does remind me of Undone, which looked good as well...

Keri Mikulski said...

Thanks.. :)

I'm reading a ton of great YA books right now - HOW TO BE BAD, DEATH BY BIKINI, BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO.. I could definitely spend $200 bucks on Amazon easy. :)

Tabitha said...

Oh! I didn't know The Emerald Tablet was already available for pre-order! *running off to Amazon now*

I just finished Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. Good book, and interesting topic.

I've also got The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary Pearson, Waiting for Normal by Leslie Connor, Unwind by Neal Shusterman, Sweethearts by Sara Zarr, and A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban on my list. I've heard good things about all of these.

Unknown said...

Oh argh...I read about Jay Asher in the SCBWI magazine, but had forgotten it. *recalculates list*....right, I'd just trimmed the list down to $135, but it's back up now to closer to $150......argh!! The husband has told me that I only have $50 to spend on books (he reminded me that I'm a realllly slow reader :P)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Tabitha!!! You guys are awesome!