Monday, January 28, 2013
Posted by Beth Revis at 6:28 PM
A note about last week: Thank you all again for understanding my event cancellation. I'm getting bookplates in the mail to Charlottesville this week, and everything else should be back on schedule.
- If you live in the Asheville area, I hope I see you at Malaprops with Victoria Schwab, Lenore Appelhans, Megan Shepherd, and a new addition: Meagan Spooner! Details here.
- Here's a video I did to help celebrate Victoria Schwab's release of THE ARCHIVED--I talk about a moment in my own history that changed my life.
- And PS, here's a video of an awesome review of SHADES OF EARTH by the awesome CassJayTuck. There's a knife in it, which is my favorite part.
- And speaking of reviews, if you're on the fence about the first two books, ACROSS THE UNIVERSE and A MILLION SUNS (also here), I really liked the reviews up at Bookshelves of Doom, and they're pretty spoiler-free for those two books.
- Want to see what my writing desk looks like during the (rare) times it's clean? And also enter to win a complete signed trilogy? Then check out Meagan Spooner's interview with me on the Write Space.
- I did a guest post on io9 about building a new planet in a sci-fi world, and if you're interested in that sort of thing, you can check it out here.
- I also did a guest post for the Happily Ever After blog on USA Today, and you can see why sci fi world with explosions go well with kissing by reading it here.
- Canada, you're the best. Thank you for adding SHADES OF EARTH to the Must Read List for 2013.
- Also? Seventeen Magazine, I love you like whoa. Thanks for picking SHADES OF EARTH as a book club pick of the month
- And finally, Ms. Literati's published an interview with me that's all about writing advice, so if you're a writer (or just curious), read it here.
And now, finally, I'm going to announce my final SHADES OF EARTH related contest for the foreseeable future! I've just been so grateful to everyone for all the support and love you've shown me, and that's where this contest came from.
Just in case you can't view the video, here's the simple version of what the giveaway is:
- There are 21 prizes. One grandprize winner will get a complete signed trilogy, plus two ARCs of anthologies I'm a part of, plus a signed copy of all the books by the lovely ladies who helped me celebrate my launch. Fifteen runners-up will win a signed hardback of SHADES OF EARTH, and five other runners-up will win a signed paperback of A MILLION SUNS.
- To enter for the grand prize pack or the fifteen signed SHADES OF EARTH, just take a picture of yourself with your copy of SHADES OF EARTH. Library copies, e-books, and hardback copies count--but ARCs don't. You can also pose the book with your dog, in your neighborhood, or anywhere else except in a bookstore. Post the picture online and include the link to it here. You can post it on Twitter, Facebook (if it's public so I can check it), on your blog, Instagram, whatever.
- To enter for the five signed copies of A MILLION SUNS, do the same thing, except pose with the first book, ACROSS THE UNIVERSE. This prize pack is specifically designed for people who've only read the first book and need to catch up with the rest.
- If you want to keep the "pay-it-forward" theme going, you can donate your original copy of the book to someone else (such as a friend, school, or library) if you win--but that's not required.
- Unfortunately, this contest is open to US/Canada only. I recently spent more than $200 on postage to foreign nations for previous contests, and I can't do that again for a bit. I hope you understand. If you have an American friend who can accept the package for you, you can enter--as long as I have an American/Canadian address to ship to.
- There is only one way to get an extra point--let me know if I can post your picture online or not. You answer does NOT effect your chances of winning--I just want to know if you'd mind me sharing your pic on my website.
- You can enter both contests, as long as you post two pictures.
- This contest will run through February 17th--which gives you a chance to enter if you come to one of my book tour stops for Breathless Reads!