But there is really too much for one post--so I'm going to post about that next week.
Instead, I'd like to direct your attention to this:
And remind you about the contest! Post your adventurous stories on your blog for a chance to win a signed and doodled copy of Across the Universe...and a little something-something that I picked up in NYC!
Want to check out some of the entries so far? You do. You know you do. Because YOU GUYS ARE AMAZINGLY AWESOME. And you all have had amazingly awesome adventures that put me to SHAME.
- Colene teases us with one-liners that have me really curious for more...
- Nicole had a hilarious adventure in France (and one that's very similar to my own encounter with Versailles...)
- Cinnamon spreads the word about the contest here
- Katrina limited herself to blog-appropriate adventures (there's another story in there, I'm sure) and wrote about a crazy relay race
- Terry Lynn--a fellow debut 2011 author whose whole LIFE is an adventure--picked one of many out of her hat and told us all about a life lesson learned in the wild
- Chandara has an adventure everyday, and writes about beautifully
- Theresa writes about "really roughing it"
- Sandy almost died in Hawaii!
- Kim learned how to take a boat's name seriously while going down the rapids at the Grand Canyon
- Lizzie drove from Ohio to Florida only to face a hurricane!
- Lisa helped spread the word
- Jennifer wrote a piece of fiction that had me wishing it was real!
- Anne wrote about her own awesome adventure to publishing (and how right she is--writing is an amazing adventure!)
- Madeleine's story is adorably cute--seriously--there's puppies and gerbils!
- Liz had baseball adventures--on her honeymoon
- Tara's adventure is about building a gingerbread
houseMANSION...and the last picture made me laugh and cry at the same time!
- Anne got lost in a corn maze (have you read Nicole's adventure, Anne? You two have a lot in common!)
- Kulsuma (whose blog is awesomely named Sunshine and Stardust) spread the word about the contest
- Melissa's post made me laugh out loud--seriously--I love her writing style!
- Quadropod went to an island (I love, btw, how often all of y'alls tales happened through misadventure more than adventure :) )
- Emily's adventure was quite scary, actually, but she makes some great points.
- Cass tweeted, and so did April (her Twitter handle is @ramen_addict, btw, isn't that great?!), and Llehn tweeted, too
- Misha facebooked, and so did Treeny, and Aik
I think that's everyone! Please tell me if I was stupid and missed someone!
And meanwhile...you still have time to enter if you haven't yet! The contest closes on October 20th--so you don't have MUCH time--but you do have time! Either post about your own adventure or spread the word about the contest, and make sure to leave your link here.
As for me...I'm going to go through and re-read all of your awesome-o adventures. Your lives are amazing. Seriously.