Saturday, May 30, 2009

Why Yes. There Have Been Changes Made.

You might notice the small new changes I've made to my layout here at Writing it Out.

They're minor, as you can see.

I wanted to learn how to design my own template--I really would like to make something unique to me--but that is going to take more time to learn than I have right now and, fortuitously, I found this template. Not only does it have some of my favorite colors and page curls in the layout, it's got a "night sky" theme to it, which is very apropos of my current WIP, a science fiction novel.

I've been tweaking on this thing for hours. Please let me know if you see any errors.

Also: I updated blogrolls. Also: I made separate lists for published authors, unpublished authors, and blogs about writing and blogs about books. If I have accidentally placed YOUR blog in the wrong spot, please let me know!!! I have a feeling, in particular, that I've got some of the pubbed and unpubbed authors mixed up, but I'm too cross-eyed now to be able to catch it.

Oh, and ignore the two posts below this one. I only did them to have a static link to those links for sidebar stuff. But the post below that is a nifty one dealing with blogging.

I hope you like this new template!!

20 comments:

Shannon Morgan said...

Gorgeous! And you can still tweak if you want to learn CSS -- in all your free time. :D

Unknown said...

Heh, no worries...I'm learning CSS through tweaking this thing!

christine M said...

It looks great!

Anonymous said...

Looks nice.

Sage Ravenwood said...

Wicked cool! (Hugs)Indigo

Deborah Talmadge said...

I like this a lot better than the other one.

Anonymous said...

I love this look!

Anonymous said...

I like this template, too - and make sure you check out the tutorials at bloggerbuster.com

(PS - the part you "put here for space" is showing through)

Tabitha said...

Nice!! Very calm and soothing...makes me curious if your WIP is also calming and soothing. :)

Vivian Mahoney said...

Love this new look! Great graphic!

Unknown said...

Aerin--OOPS! I think I fixed it....? It never showed up on my end.

Thanks for the link--will DEFINITELY check that out!

Joyce Wolfley said...

Love it Beth!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I like the new look, Beth. It's very nice!

Clementine said...

I noticed it right off. I love it! I would love how to design my own template. I'm all the time tinkering with mine. If you have any pointers, please share.

Christina Farley said...

Again, I LOVE it!

Robyn Campbell said...

Dang, now your designing templates. :) It looks great, and is so YOU! :)

Traci said...

Yeah!! I like it! ;-)

Jennifer Shirk said...

Oooh...the love the new look!

Danyelle L. said...

And how lovely it is!

Unknown said...

Wow, thanks everyone! I'm really glad you all liked the new look--I was almost afraid it was TOO graphic! :)