Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Resolutions: Writer's Version

Goals are important. But it's also important to focus your goals on who you are and what you can do. So I'm going to make some writing resolutions that are all me. I'm not going to resolve to get published this year--I can only control that to a certain extent. Below are the things that I can do...and will do.

  • Attend another writing conference
  • Completely finish revisions on WIP and submit to agents/editors
  • Completely finish first draft of new WIP
  • Save money for the SCBWI NY conference
  • Continue networking in the writing community

So, what are your goals?

6 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Good luck with all of those! I plan on attending a writer's conference this year. I've never been to one. :)

Plan on finishing my WIP and sending in the partial to an agent who has requested it.

Keep up with my networking!

And read all of that work that I've promised other writers to read. :)

Good luck with your goals!

C.R. Evers said...

Looks like you had a great 2008! Here's hoping that you're 2009 is just as good, if not better!!!

Happy New Year!

Christy

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean--the things we want the most, we have partial control over. The things we can affect are the steps we take toward those goals! Good luck in 2009!

Christina Farley said...

You've read my mind about being in control of your goals. My husband and I were just talking about this the other day. It's what he tells his students all the time, you should only make goals that YOU can achieve.

I'm going to mention this on my blog too and I'll link your post to it. Good stuff!

I hope you make all your goals and others take these to the next level. Best Wishes!

lotusgirl said...

I'd love to go to a writers' conf. this year! I have about the same writing goals as you. best of luck with them and Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! I am slowly catching up on comments...but it is really heartwarming to see such great support :)