Monday, December 15, 2008

Author Photo Shoot!

I recently had an article published in my local SCBWI chapter's magazine, Pen and Palette, which is available online for SCBWI-C members. They wanted a picture of me to put beside the article and shudder. See, I'm usually the one behind the camera, so I have very few recent pics of me. And I'm just not that photogenic--and it doesn't help that I'm aware of the fact that I'm not photogenic, because then I always put on this fake smile or something when I see a camera coming at my face. So when P&P asked for a pic, I had to take one quick using my Apple laptop's built in camera and...well, let's just say I decided this weekend that I needed a photo shoot. I needed a picture of myself that wasn't taken after a long hard day of beating literature into youths' minds.

I love digital cameras. Then you can take 1,000 pictures--which is about how many the husband had to take before I found a picture of myself I actually liked. It's this one, and the only reason I don't have on a fake smile and one eye crossed is because he surprised me with the camera as I was coming out from behind the tree.

So there it is, my semi-professional at least I'm not cross-eyed-and-drooling picture! And I actually liked this picture so much that I tried to re-create it, and came out looking like a hair model.



And that's it! My adventure in photography!

6 comments:

Bowman said...

Ha ha. Yes, the second one is quite funny.

C.R. Evers said...

Nice pictures and Wow! You do have gorgeous hair!!! I'm envious!

Christy

lotusgirl said...

I actually really like the hair pic. What fun! I'm like you. I always like to be behind the camera.

Nice to see another mac user. My pix with photo booth tend to be way goofy. I should probably do some serious ones.

Angela Ackerman said...

I think you did a great job. The lighting is really nice on your face.

PJ Hoover said...

You take GREAT photos! Seriously! But you look absolutely nothing like I thought you would. For some reason I thought you would have dark hair. No, I have no idea why.
I'm so excited I can actually now put a face with a name!

And ditto on the hair complements!

Christina Farley said...

You look fabulous! And gorgeous hair! You should be in one of those hair ads.