Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Man, This is Gonna Be Harder than I Thought

It'll be fine, I told myself. I'll have two weeks of vacation. Sure, the first week will be spent working on Christmas stuff--finishing presents, baking the last cookies, visiting relatives. But that leaves me with an entire week after that to work.

But, oh.

There's after-Christmas shopping (I got a new vaccuum for half off!), there's friends I've not seen in forever to visit (hi, Jennifer!), there's the veritable stack of wonderfully amazing books that I got for Christmas to read (including Graceling and The Hunger Games and the wonderful books that Vivian sent), there's the brand-spanking-new interwebs full of Facebook and LinkedIn and Cyanide and Happiness, there's the stack of dishes I've not done since Christmas Eve. And then yesterday, my friend told me about how the sequel to about the only video game I actually like, just came out (in case you're interested, the game is Kingdom Hearts--the only video game that I have ever liked enough to play twice, and one of the few I actually finished--and the sequel, which I bought yesterday, is Chain of Memories).

And then there's the book...just staring at me...and the calendar that's ticking closer and closer to December 31 and my goal to finish revisions.

Maybe it is a good thing that I don't have the luxury of quitting the day job and writing full time. I somehow think I'd be less productive with more time!!

1 comment:

lotusgirl said...

Our time always fills up no matter how much of it we have. I find I'm more productive the more I have to do.

I also got The Hunger Games for Christmas. I'm looking forward to reading it. Though I'm not sure when that is going to be. I've got a lot of edits to work on.

Happy New Year!