Saturday, August 23, 2008

A new YA and MG agent

Colleen Lindsay of FinePrint Literary Management announced on her blog that the agency is adding a new acquiring agent, Joanna Stampfel to their staff. As I know some of you (like myself) are actively searching for an agent, I thought I'd pass along the info and post part of it here:
Here's what Joanna's looking for, in her own words:

Childrens: Chapter books to middle grade - covering any and all topics. If fantasy, it had better be very unique. Love a good school story, and always looking for humorous boy reads.

YA: contemporary to sci-fi and everything in between...again, if full-out fantasy, it had better be different.
I was particularly interested in the fact that she enjoys Ancient Greek studies, since my latest book is based on Bellerophon. And, after the suggestion from the Ask Daphne site, I've decided to label my work as upper MG and know that ages might have to be revised later. I might change this after attending the workshop by Alan Gratz on the differences between MG and YA at the SCBWI-Carolinas conference next month.

8 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

It's so great when you can see something in the agent's bio that pertains just to you!

Unknown said...

I know! I was very excited...I was going to wait until after my conference to submit to agents, but I thought this was just too fortuitous.

Angela said...

Good luck with your agent search!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks :)

Keri Mikulski said...

I agree with PJ - that's awesome.

Good luck with your agent search. :)

Tabitha said...

Ooo, very cool!! Thanks for passing this along! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Keri :)

No prob, Tabitha!

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

The Alan Gratz workshop sounds like it will be great. You'll have to post about it, so we can all learn vicariously through you!