Friday, October 21, 2011

Daily Percentages: Friday

Live-blogging really helps me stay focused. Mainly because when I record my times, I feel guilty when I look at how much time I just WASTE.

This won't strictly be a live-blog, because I'm not going to post at each stop...I'm just going to work all day and record my times.

So, right now:



1% done!

12:53pm: I've updated the blog, updated Twitter, updated Facebook, turned away from my overloaded email in shame, etc., etc....there is no reasonable excuse for me not to get to work.

12:54: OH LOOK OVER THERE SOMETHING SHINY ON THE INTERNET

12:55: I know. I know.   *sigh*   *opens up Scrivener*

1:03: Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut! *whining*

1:11: Maybe I should set a timer. Steph updated her liveblog hourly...perhaps I should shoot for that? I'll finish this chapter (and lunch) first.

1:29: Finished the chapter, but had to go into the next one to finish the scene.



11% done!

1:43: I think I earned lunch! 

2:30: I specifically ate at my computer rather than in front of the TV. But instead of feeling energized and ready to dive straight back into work...I kind of want a nap.

I ended at a natural end--the final bit of a scene. I know the next scene I want to write, but I'd have to start it. It feels a little...daunting. I've heard it's often easier to get back in the swing of things if you stop mid-scene...maybe that's what I should have done...

2:39: Dilemma. It's so cold, all I want to do is snuggle into something warm. If I snuggle into something warm (my bed) I will take a nap. If I turn the heat up....I will take a nap. I think nap = inevitable.

2:56: After staring at Tumblr the computer screen for much too long, the idea of a nap has triumphed. 

Words? What words? *stricks fingers in my ears* Tralalalalalalalalalala I can't hear you!

5:06: Unholy bleep! Look at the time!!! *mad scurrying around the house to try to make it at least some semblance of clean so I can cook supper and then hope to write more after that....*  Eeep! No more naps for me!!

5:34: Opened dishwasher to find that the soap hadn't dissolved all the way. Lovely. Stack dirty dishes in sink and re-wash "clean" ones. 

5:36: Stare at still-messy kitchen. Wonders if it's too late to order the hubs to pick up take-out on the way home from work.

5:37: It is.

5:38: Retreat. For now.

5:41: Realize entire house is just as messy (or moreso) than kitchen. Contemplate a "fall cleaning" on top of crazy word deadline thingy for the weekend...

6:20: I am so braindead. I am officially calling it a day today, and telling myself NOT to open Scrivener again. I need a break. 

Today's Final Goal Meter:


11% done!

Post a Comment