Thursday, October 27, 2011
I first had the pleasure of meeting Anna Staiszewski (aka Anna Stan) online through her blog and I still remember the excitement I felt for her when she announced her first book deal, for the funny and magical middle grade MY VERY UNFAIRYTALE LIFE.
The book officially launches in November--but drop by your local bookstore and see if there are copies available, because a lot of them are showing up early! And Anna's here to tell us all about her charming book!
Your book, MY VERY UNFAIRY TALE LIFE, the main character, Jenny, works in a magical kingdom. Would you live in a magical kingdom if you could?
One of the great things about MY VERY UNFAIRY TALE LIFE is the way it turns ideas about fairy tale creatures on its head: the unicorns are bloodthirsty and the magical kingdom is falling apart. Can you tell us a little more about how you built the world of your novel?
Can you tell us a little bit about the process--particularly the timeline--of writing MY VERY UNFAIRY TALE LIFE?
If your reader could only take away one emotion, theme, or idea from MY VERY UNFAIRY TALE LIFE, what would you want it to be?
Beyond the typical--never give up, believe in yourself--what would be the single best advice you'd like to give another writer?
What do you think are your strongest and weakest points in writing?
Check Out What the Other Bookanistas Are Reading by Clicking the Links Below!
- Elana Johnson REVEALS something awesome!!!
- LiLa Roecker announces a winner - plus a Past Midnight series giveaway
- Christine Fonseca reveals books she cannot wait to read
- Beth Revis interviews My Very UnFairytale Life authorAnna Staniszewski
- Shannon Whitney Messenger interviews Skyship Academy-Pearl Wars author Nick James & agent Jennifer Rofe – with giveaway
- Jessi Kirby twirls for Audition
- Shana Silver burns for Circle of Fire
- Carrie Harris devours Deadly
- Stasia Ward Kehoe travels to The Day Before