Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bookanista Feature: Kiersten White's PARANORMALCY


The Bookanistas are a group of writers - in various stages of the publishing process – who have decided to band together and review the special books of our peers.  No negative reviews here! We post every Thursday and cover various topics– upcoming ARCs, books we love, special diamonds in the rough, classics, and even cover reviews.

Here is a list of the Bookanistas: Christina Fonseca, Jamie Harrington, Michelle Hodkin, Kirsten Hubbard, Shelli Johannes-Wells, Myra McEntire, Shannon Messenger, Bethany Wiggins and Suzette Saxton, Beth Revis, Lisa and Laura Roecker, Sarah Frances Hardy and Katie Anderson, Scott Tracey, and Carolina Miller



PARANORMALCY by Kiersten White




I'm not going to talk too much about PARANORMALCY right now because plans: I have them. But here are some facts you should know:
  • I read the book in a day and a half
  • I was PISSED OFF like a two year old at bed time when I fell asleep before the end
  • There is a TWILIGHT joke in there that made me laugh out loud literally
  • I cried. Twice.
  • You know how I hate lots of YA with romance because I think a lot of YA with romance does it wrong? PARANORMALCY does it right. (Read: the crazy psychotic abusive obsessive hot guy is crazy psychotic abusive and obsessive, NOT the love interest...)
  • There's not a shiney bow at the end of the story, although things end up better than I thought they might.
  • Evie almost makes me like pink. And that's saying A LOT.

Look, just do yourself a favor and go ahead and pre-order PARANORMALCY. It'll come to you before the end of August, and it will make you very very very happy.

*~*~*~*




Other Bookanista Features Today:

21 comments:

Christine Fonseca said...

Awesome! Can't wait to read it.

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to reading this! Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm loving the Bookanista Feature :)

Meredith said...

Haha, I love this list. I've heard such amazing things about this book, and if it can make me like pink, sounds good to me :)

Tere Kirkland said...

Really looking forward to reading Kiersten's book. Glad you loved it.

Elana Johnson said...

I know exactly how you feel about this book. It was amazing. Bleeping amazing.

Myra McEntire said...

This book sits on my desk, waiting for me to finish edits, and SMILES at me.

I smile back.

Jennie Englund said...

Great format for the review -- that's exactly what we need to know!

Oooo, and tht cover!!!

Jemi Fraser said...

Haven't read it yet - can't wait!!

Theresa Milstein said...

This sounds so good. I'm sick of creepy dangerous love interests too. I'm putting it on my wishlist.

By the way, I linked your upcoming book on Amazon on my last post.

Matthew MacNish said...

Interesting. This kind of thing is normally not for me either, but I may have to take a look now.

Sandy Wills said...

I've been looking forward to this book ever since Michelle Wolfson tweeted about leaving the book in a park (?) and waiting to see who picked it up.

It's on my to-buy list.

Steph Su said...

Damnit! *puts in Amazon shopping cart*

I should hate you, for making me spend more money...

Natalie Aguirre said...

Sounds great. Can't wait to read it.

Anonymous said...

It sounds awesome. I'm definitely looking forward to reading this. :)

Sara {Rhapsody and Chaos} said...

hehehe I know the Twilight joke =) This book is AWESOME! I read it at the beach and couldn't put it down.

Carolyn V. said...

AHHHH! Now I really want to read it! I have to get it! =)

Unknown said...

I loved reading how Kiersten has drawn you over to the pink side!

Sam said...

I just read this book. :P It was so good. I loved how cute Evie was and YES, the romance was so much better than had it been with (insert name of creepy stalker) and now I want a Taser.

PJ Hoover said...

This is one I don't have that I really do want to read the more I see it. I'm in love with the cover, and your review really helps push me over the edge!

Robyn Campbell said...

Super fantastic review, Bethy! (That's my new nickname for ya.) Don'tcha love it?

I will have to buy the book. Shiny bows are for wimps. =)

Slamdunk said...

Bookanista sounds like a useful approach.

Have a good weekend.