The Bookanistas are a group of writers - in various stages of the publishing process – who have decided to band together and review the special books of our peers. No negative reviews here! We post every Thursday and cover various topics– upcoming ARCs, books we love, special diamonds in the rough, classics, and even cover reviews.
Here is a list of the Bookanistas: Christina Fonseca, Jamie Harrington, Michelle Hodkin, Kirsten Hubbard, Shelli Johannes-Wells, Myra McEntire, Shannon Messenger, Bethany Wiggins and Suzette Saxton, Beth Revis, Lisa and Laura Roecker, Sarah Frances Hardy and Katie Anderson, Scott Tracey, and Carolina Miller
PARANORMALCY by Kiersten White
I'm not going to talk too much about PARANORMALCY right now because plans: I have them. But here are some facts you should know:
- I read the book in a day and a half
- I was PISSED OFF like a two year old at bed time when I fell asleep before the end
- There is a TWILIGHT joke in there that made me laugh out loud literally
- I cried. Twice.
- You know how I hate lots of YA with romance because I think a lot of YA with romance does it wrong? PARANORMALCY does it right. (Read: the crazy psychotic abusive obsessive hot guy is crazy psychotic abusive and obsessive, NOT the love interest...)
- There's not a shiney bow at the end of the story, although things end up better than I thought they might.
- Evie almost makes me like pink. And that's saying A LOT.
Look, just do yourself a favor and go ahead and pre-order PARANORMALCY. It'll come to you before the end of August, and it will make you very very very happy.
Other Bookanista Features Today:
- Myra McEntire - SHADOW HILLS
- Jamie Harrington - ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS (cover love)
- Elana Johnson - YOU
- Christine Fonseca - LINGER
- Shannon Messenger - ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS
- Shelli Johannes-Wells - RADIANCE
- Beth Revis - PARANORMALCY
- Carolina Valdez Miller - PARANORMALCY
- Bethany Wiggins and Suzette Saxton - MONSTER HIGH
- Lisa and Laura Roecker - YOU