Monday, November 16, 2009

Where's Beth?




Here's something I didn't expect: querying takes up more of my time than writing.

Here's why. When I get an extra ten minutes or so while I'm writing, I use that time to blog, check out other's blogs, read, write something else, brainstorm, etc. Now that I'm querying, I use those ten minutes to research agents or prepare queries.

Which explains the relative blog silence lately.

Now, I've always had the attitude that blogging comes last in the list of priorities in my writing life--it has to. Working on the actual profession, be it writing or querying, always comes first. So I'm not going to apologize for blog silence (even though i really missed you guys and i'm sorry). 

 So, to be honest, what with queries and critiques and working on a new project (albeit not for NaNo) and the holidays and the approaching final exams and my day job and playing with my puppy and life in general, blogs may be a bit scant. 

 But faithful readers, never fear! I still have all my notes from Cynthea Liu's workshop the Saturday before last which I will be sharing, and I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about critiqueing and revising (again) and I've been reading some awesome books lately *cough*meganwhalenturner*cough* to be reviewed.

We're still bff, right? If I bribe you with exciting shiny new posts, you'll still come to my party, right? Right?

16 comments:

Scott said...

Still BFF!! The holiday season is upon us - fa la la la la la la - and time races away too quickly.

S

Donna Gambale said...

Don't worry Beth, I'm waiting patiently!

lotusgirl said...

I'm missing the in class antics. You used to be a good source of belly laughs, but I understand the priorities.

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Of course! What you're doing is way more important, keep it up and we'll be here when you can come back full force.

Tabitha said...

It's insane how much time querying takes. It really doesn't seem like it should take up so much time, but it sure does. It's kind of crazy.

But we all understand how important it is, so go forth and query! We'll still be here. :)

The Screaming Guppy said...

I'll come to your party! :D

Unknown said...

Hi Beth :)
Thanks for the update post.
I'm glad you're being productive.
Love & Best Wishes to you & yours,
RKCharron
xxoo

Davin Malasarn said...

BFF. You have to submit so that you can get published so that I can bake your book cake that I'm dying to bake!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Here we are, faithful readers of yours, ready to party when you are. May the querying go well.

Heather Zundel said...

BFF forever. No worries there. :)

PJ Hoover said...

LOL! Querying is a full time job. As is writing. And marketing. And everything!
Good luck!

Elana Johnson said...

Into the query trenches. Good luck in there! And we'll still come to the party, whenever it is! :)

Natalie Aguirre said...

Don't worry. It's hard to squeeze it all in, especially with a full time job. Good luck with the querying.

Unknown said...

Aw, shucks, guys! *huggles*

Corey Schwartz said...

Yes, don't worry. I think with NaNo and swine flu and everything else that has gone on this November, everyone has been a little scant! (Me definitely included!)

Shannon Morgan said...

Good luck with queries!