Saturday, September 29, 2012

October Events!

Have I mentioned lately that I have the best job in the world? Because I do.

This month, I'm going to be at several different places, all of them AWESOME.

First up? NC School Library Media Association conference! When/where: October 4-6 in Winstom-Salem, NC. More info here!

From NC to NYC--I'm heading up to New York for a full week of crazy adventures! First is a book launch--my very first anthology! Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling edited this anthology of dystopian short stories, and I'm honored to be a part of such an amazing collection. NINE of the authors in the antho are celebrating the book launch at one of my fave indie bookstores, Books of Wonder! When/where: October 11, at 6pm in Books of Wonder, NYC. More info here!

Next--New York Comic Con! NYCC was my very first public event, back in 2010 before any of my books were published. I got to fill in a spot of an author who had to back out at the last minute, and sign my very first ARCs. I still have the picture of the first girl who got the first ARC I signed for the public. It was surreal and awesome at the same time!

So it's extra-special to me to be able to go back to NYCC for the last book of the trilogy. For full details on all that NYCC has to offer, check here. (And PS: I highly advise you to get your tickets in advance!)

NY ComicCon Events:

  • Signing of ARCs of SHADES OF EARTH: At the Penguin Booth, date/time to come
  • GEEK GEEK REVOLUTION: Friday, 3-4pm. With: Amber Benson, Andrea Cremer,  Colleen Lindsay, Myke Cole. More details here. This is a question based game-show where we're all competing for the chance to be TOP GEEK. And there will be prizes for the audience!
  • HOCUS POCUS: MAGIC & MONSTERS IN SCI FI AND FANTASY. Saturday, 1:30-2:30pm, followed by a signing by all participating authors. With: Andrea Cremer, Cecil Castellucci, Jacqueline Carey, Jocelynn Drake, Kim Harrison, Max Gladstone, Richard Kadrey, Victoria Schwab. Guys? Guys? I'm a moderator. I'm MODERATING. EEEP! We're talking all about monsters and the things that go bump in the night. Come!! More details here.
  • Also? My husband and I are basically giant nerds. So if you miss one of the events, we'll be on the floor, sitting at panels, and basically geeking out. Come find us! :)

And coming...SOON...the first Shades of Earth ARC contest on this very blog! Stay tuned! 



3 comments:

Christi said...

Eep! I think I'm bringing my daughter to NYCC but only on Sunday. So, I probably won't get an ARC but I will definitely be on the lookout for you somewhere!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Have fun Beth! With I lived there. I'd love to come see you.

barmybex said...

Are you ever going to come to the UK??? Would love to meet you!