Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Clean All the Things

This was me yesterday.
So, first things first: if you've not read the brilliant comic from Hyperbole and a Half that the above picture is swiped from: DO SO NOW.

Second things second: yesterday I cleaned the house.

I mean: I cleaned the house.

I scrubbed the bathroom sinks. The toilet. Washed every dish and every article of clothing. I even broke out the scented candles and Febreeze.

This place is spotless, y'all.

And I need to finish Book 2 by Monday. (Actually, Friday.)

So why clean all the things?

Because I need to finish Book 2 by Monday. (Actually, Friday.)

I don't know why it is, but whenever I have a big project nearing completion and deadline...I need to clean the house. I don't usually clean the house--it usually stays in a state somewhere between Frat Boy and Seven Year Olds Alone In the House for Too Long. But around the time when I should be working on writing, that's around the time when I suddenly blink, look up, and decide to


Yesterday, I collapsed after a full day of cleaning around 11pm. But today I woke up early, ready to go. I'm thinking that I might actually finish by Friday (or Monday).

What about you? What do you do when you should be finishing a big project?
Post a Comment