Friday, June 4, 2010

I Like to Watch Them Fight

I can't help it.

I like to see the fights.

I guess that's why I watch Real Housewives, too. That, and the husband and I like to make fun of the women. (Speaking of, OMG, how hilarious was it when Kelly couldn't even open the door?!)


There have been two great links lately of writerly insults and literary feuds.

As usual, Mark Twain tops the list. Via bookshelves of doom: The Fifty Best Author Vs. Author Put Downs of all Time. My favorite:
Every time I read 'Pride and Prejudice,' I want to dig her up and hit her over the skull with her own shin-bone.
Also, via Dystel & Goderich Literary blog: A Gallery of Literary Feuds. Personally, I think the feuds are interesting, but DANG! William Thackery has some cool glasses! I want a pair!!

Also, also: How preposterous that Harold Bloom thinks Harry Potter has no literary merit:
Bloom, however, remained unperturbed as a detractor. “Can more than 35 million book buyers, and their offspring, be wrong?” he asked. “Yes, they have been, and will continue to be for as long as they persevere with Potter.”
Post a Comment