Monday, November 7, 2011

News and Announcements!


EVENTS!

This weekend, I'll be in Charleston, SC, for the first annual Y'All Fest! I have been promised pie, so I will definitely be there.


My events:


Location: THE AMERICAN THEATER, 446 King St.

Time: 3 pm 
PUTTING THE YALL IN YALLFEST • Ballroom
Saundra Mitchell (The Vespertine)
Michelle Hodkin (The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer)
Katie Crouch (The Magnolia League)
Carrie Ryan (The Forest of Hands and Teeth)
Moderator: Beth Revis (Across the Universe)
Note: I'll be unable to sign after this events, as I have to rush off to...

Location: THE AMERICAN THEATER, 446 King St.
Time: 4pm
DON’T DIS-TOPIAN • Cinema
Beth Revis (Across the Universe)
Kim Derting (The Pledge)
Diana Peterfreund (Rampant)
Eliot Schrefer (School for Dangerous Girls)
Moderator: Sarah Rees Brennan (The Demon’s Lexicon)
Note: I WILL be able to sign books after this event.

And I'll also be here:
6 pm YA SMACKDOWN • Ballroom • $5•Available at Blue Bike or here
All 26 writers on stage at once for YA games!
Presented by Chas. County Public Library YA Services

If you live in or near Charleston, be sure to attend! It's going to be TONS of fun--with TONS of authors--and my publisher is shipping down an extra box of swag and goodies JUST for this event! Remember, you can find more information here.

AWARDS!
Holy frex, you guys, I've been nominated for some awards! I am...gobsmacked. Seriously. I can't even begin to express what an honor it is to be even nominated for these.

(a literature award based in the UK)

Book of the Year
Best YA Futuristic/Paranormal

GoodReads Award Nominations:

None of this would have happened without you guys, the people who read my book and have been with me every step of the way. I've already informed the husband that should my book progress from the longlist to the shortlist for the Carnegie, we're going to London for vacay. And I will be going to the RT Conference in Chicago next April, so I plan to high-five as many people there as possible (as well as give away a ton of copies of A MILLION SUNS).

If you want to, I would appreciate your vote in the GoodReads book awards. Or you can vote for another book--seriously, I won't know the difference--but if you're a reader and on GoodReads, definitely do make your voice heard and your vote counted. (And I'll give you a hug and a sparkly-eyed-smile if you vote for AtU.)

THANK YOU!
I mean, I know I'm doing the whole thank-you-contest-thing right now, but seriously...thank you. Thank you all. I can never say it enough.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, guess what?! I'LL BE AT Y'ALLFEST TOO!!! :D See you there ;)

Diana Julianna said...

SO wish I live in SC right now!! Have fun at Y'allfest, Beth! :) Also--congrats on the award nominations! You totally deserve them!!

Diana Julianna said...

SO wish I live in SC right now!! Have fun at Y'allfest, Beth! :) Also--congrats on the award nominations! You totally deserve them!!

Anna Staniszewski said...

Congrats on the nominations! So awesome and so deserved! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey congratz! Wish I could be at yallfest but I come from where they really DO say that! So no... :(
But I voted for u on goodreads! I hope you win!

Unknown said...

That is all so exciting, Beth! Congratulations for all of it!

C.R. Evers said...

Wow! Looks awesome! I'll vote for you!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Hurray!! Congratulations, Beth--you deserve every single one of those nominations! GOOD LUCK! :-)

Patricia T. said...

Congratulations Beth! We will all be rooting for you! But, most of all have a blast and come back with lots of stories to share!Patricia

Marieru said...

Congratulations! You deserve them all!
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can't wait to see you tomorrow! ^_^

And CONGRATS on all the awards!

Bookluvr Mindy said...

I soooo wish I could have been there!