But luckily for you, this ebook is going to be available THIS MONTH.
That's right--ebook. PJ Hoover is represented by the Andrea Brown Literary Agency, and "SOLSTICE is the first front-list novel to be independently published by an Andrea Brown Literary Agency author. SOLSTICE will be available on Amazon, B&N, and Smashwords in May." This is a really neat idea, to release a book independently online. I know I, for one, am going to be keeping a close eye on SOLSTICE's success!
While the novel itself isn't released yet, here's the video trailer to whet your appetite:
My favorite part? I love the tagline: "Where mythology and dystopia meet." That's just brilliant.
And also, I wanted to draw your attention to that cover. Isn't it beautiful? I love the decoration on the "O" in SOLSTICE (I'm a sucker for that sort of thing), but the really interesting part to me is the dried, cracked earth on the bottom of the cover. The top part of the cover represents the mythological world; the bottom reminds us of the dystopian world. It all blends nicely with the solar flares in a way that ties the whole cover together, bringing together two seemingly disparate ideas in one unified picture. Very very cool.
You can find extras on the novel, including the first five chapters and a very cool card game, by clicking here. A Q&A about SOLSTICE (love the reason the setting is in Austin!) can be found here.
Find out what the other Bookanistas are raving about here!
- Shelli Johannes-Wells gives us THE ROYAL TREATMENT
- Elana Johnson hosts a blog tour stop for 101 SUCCESS SECRETS FOR GIFTED KIDS with a giveaway
- Shannon Messenger adores THE DAY BEFORE plus a giveaway
- Carolina Valdez Miller is passionate about POSSESSION and gives away an ARC
- Beth Revis shares some SOLSTICE cover love
- Lisa and Laura Roecker and Stasia Ward Kehoe marvel over MOONGLASS
- Megan Miranda and Veronica Rossidelve into DIVERGENT
- Shana Silver shows her desire for DEMONGLASS
- Carrie Harris is PUTTING MAKEUP ON DEAD PEOPLE
- Sarah Frances Hardy wants to be just LIKE MANDARIN
- Christine Fonseca is in love with DARK AND HOLLOW PLACES with a giveaway