Friday, April 29, 2011

And the WInner is...not that ugly pink hat

I have to admit: I personally thought I would crash somewhere around 4:00 or 4:30. But they kept WAITING and WAITING to show the effing dress! And everyone on Twitter kept zapping me with a cattle prod (read: kept calling me a wimp if I crashed before the dress) that I FORCED my eyes to stay open. And so, I didn't crash until 6:14am.

And one person's bid was only ONE SINGLE MINUTE off from that! So, congratulations to


who guessed 6:13am. Holly guessed 6:15am, which is also super-close....but I only have one book to give away, and when I started to type in Twitter that I was crashing, the clock actually said 6:13:46...so by mere SECONDS, Anni was closer.

Thank you, everyone! Hope you enjoyed playing along and watching (or ignoring) the wedding with me! If you missed it, Kate's dress was tasteful and beautiful, but the veil stole the show.


But in all honesty, towards the end, I spent most of my time focused on the gosh-awful HATS. You guys may recall (or probably not care at all) but at the beginning of the whole night, I was gushing about how, if nothing else, this whole wedding might made the world pay attention and love hair fascinators. Hair fascinators are something of a cross between a HUGE barrette and a tiny hat, many times with flowers or feathers or stuffed whole animals or whatever other ridiculous thing people want to put on their heads. Now, usually, I think hair fascinators are BEAUTIFUL. Proof:


But the guests at the royal wedding quickly dissolved from interesting and beautiful to odd and just plain freaking weird. There is NO WAY EVER that THIS pink monstrosity is anything other than RIDICULOUS.


I mean, honestly? HONESTLY? That's just STUPID. I made similar things when I was in kindergarten with Play-Doh, but even when I was FIVE, I didn't think it was a good idea to stick it on my head.

Ah, well. I guess that's what separates me from the royals. The HATS. (Yeah, that's it.) Meanwhile, if you'd like more on the fashion with MUCH better (and snarkier) commentary, go here!

15 comments:

Anni said...

OMG yay I win! I'm so excited!

Unknown said...

LOL, love the hats comment! Could not agree more.

jaclyndolamore said...

I crashed at 4 and I was sad. I didn't even think I cared until I started watching but then, it was like the Olympics! Except for the diabolically early hour.

Stephsco said...

I don't blame you for being upset at that pink hat for crashing the wedding. At least it chose to be pink and not white, which would be unforgiveable.

Author Lindsay Mead said...

Omg that's hilarious. As soon as I saw that pink hat, I burst out laughing and yelling "Why?!"

This seems like it would have been a ton of fun to stay up for, but I never would have made it to 6am. Kudos to you for making it.

as always ♥ Carol said...

now that I'm taking a closer look on the hat I'm wondering is it supposed to be like a ring with a bow on it? also does she regret wearing it or is she happy she's getting so much attention? I crashed a little bit after you did I'm still kind of tired but it was fun staying up and reading all those funny tweets from every one =p

as always ♥, Carol

Kathryn Packer Roberts said...

That's funny. I was thinking the same thing about the same pink hat thingy! It looks like something someone would toss a ball through to make a goal or something. How strange. I guess you have to be a Brit to understand that. But everything was lovely. I watched it on replay online today. My kids thought it was so funny that the bride and groom were named William and Catherine (Sp?) Because that's mine and my sons' name. =)

Katie said...

I wasn't allowed to stay up or anything thanks to state-mandated testing today - if I fail it, I fail 8th grade, sooo ... my mom did for both of us. She was talking about the hats and I'd seen several similar ones in all the documentaries they'd been showing, so this morning I was talking to someone and I said, "What's with British people and hats? They wear such odd ones all the time!" He said, "They probably think the same thing about Americans and hamburgers, like, 'What's with Americans and hamburgers? They eat them all the time!'"

I much prefer hamburgers to that pink monstrosity.

mshatch said...

have to agree with you about that hat. It's awful. Even the color. and usually I like pink.

Writer Pat Newcombe said...

Oh yes! That HAT was dreadful! And so too were the outfits the two sisters wore. The Middleton's outfits far outshone the royals, in my opinion.

Liza said...

Those two hats belong to Sarah Ferguson's daughters. One commentator suggested that they perhaps wore them as a bit of a jab, since their mother was not invited to the wedding. Whatever. I loved the dress and the veil, but my favorite part of the entire event was Catherine's smile.

Beth S. said...

ITA the Kate's veil was more stunning than the dress.

And that hat? HIDEOUS!

Loren Chase said...

That hat comment made my day. I completely 100% agree. ;)

bilgi bankası said...

I'm looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!Fashion
bilgibank

Customized Essay said...

Nice hats..Sounds cool...