Oh, wait. Wait. If you only click on one link today, click on The League of Extraordinary Writers. Because dude. It's already made of win, just by the awesome other contributors. Also: Elana Johnson keeps giving away stuff on her blog for it. So, there's that.
On to publishing and other relevant topics!
Who should you be following on Twitter?
- Paulo Coelho. He's full of inspiring quotes that would be cheesy if not coming from him. He makes me want to be a better person, not just a better writer.
- If you're a fan of The Hunger Games (*snort* as if there's anyone who's not a fan), you should be following Scholastic, which tweeted photos of the Mockingjay presentation.
- Finally: OMGFacts. Cause did you know the weight of all the ants in the world is about the same as all the people? I did. Cause I follow OMGFacts.
- Writing advice, with a hint of sarcasm. Also: a glass of water.
- PS: it's OK for you to write about non-white characters, even if you're white!
- It's OK if your character doesn't poop. Just sayin'.
- Rules on writing. Heh. Rules.
- What's taking so long? THIS THING TAKES AWHILE. Chill.
- Kiersten White had a fab theme week about romance in YA.
- Is your book publishable? Now with a handy flow-chart!
- Is it hard to get published? YES DEAR GOD YES.
- What an editor thinks when s/he sees your work.
- Actually, don't click here. It will depress you.
- Read this instead! It will make you hurrah!
- The Legalese: how the Google Book Settlement is important to you.
- This is why writing sci fi = fun. I assume this would just fix every plot hole ever? Probably.
- Would it be wrong if I did this to my book when it comes out? It feels wrong. But it also feels right. (Found via Jamie Harrington)
- Awesome first lines in YA books.
- This came from In Which a Girl Reads and makes me feel badass for being a writer:
PS: I've said it before and I hate whiney "I can't blog now" posts, but...I'll be spotty on blogging for a bit during the end of the school year/beginning of the writing career thing. Which means that I'm not just being spotty on blogging here, but spotty on reading/commenting on your blogs. I still love you hardcore. I'll make it up to you! Possibly with cupcakes.