Friday, July 3, 2009

Contests & Anniversary Posting

Contests updated again!

But there's one contest I especially want to highlight: Tainted Poet's contest for EYES LIKE STARS.

Here's why: EYES LIKE STARS is a book about Shakespeare, in which (judging from some characters names) it looks like MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM plays heavily. And Tainted Poet's contest ends on July 7th.

Which makes me think some stars are crossing.

Wanna know why? Here's my entry post:

When I was in junior high, I tried out for MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM. I wanted to be Titania, but I got cast as Anonymous Fairy Number 3, which ended up being WAY more fun, because we got to just run around the stage and throw glitter around during the random dance sequence the drama teacher made up. In amidst the dancing and glitter, I noticed the sound guy, a guy dressed all in black with a weird name who was a grade below me. I never would have looked at him again, except fate kept throwing us together...and then we started dating in high school...and then we got married, eight years later. We celebrate our second anniversary July 7 (we got married on the infamous 7/7/07 date) if I win, that would be about the most perfect anniversary present I could imagine!!
Post a Comment