Thursday, April 10, 2008

Revisions, revisions, revisions

Still revising. I'm pretty sure revisions will be going on until the book is published...and even then, probably some more revisions.

For the first time, though, I'm really enjoying revisions. I think it's because--due to a couple of contests that tied my manuscript up--I've been a little detached from my work. Coming back to it now, it's a bit easier to slaughter my babies with my mighty red pen. The comments from my critique group are great and really on point, and coming back to the ms. after so long has helped me see the work more as a whole in a visual, holistic way and helped me to develop a better organization for the ms.

Of course, this means endless work, no sleep, and my husband better not even mention the fact I've not done dishes in a week...but it also means a better book, so it's worth it.

No comments: