Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Koi

It's just past midnight here...which means, officially, today's the day A MILLION SUNS comes out!

I wasn't going to post anything. I'm really worried I'm going to burn you guys out with this stuff, especially all the posts planned for tomorrow today for the Virtual Launch Party.

But.

I was goofing off on Tumblr, waiting for my hair to dry a bit before putting it in curlers, and lo, what did I find but an artist who paints koi.

Please watch this video. It's amazing. Artist Riusuke Fukahori has two types of koi art here. The first is a painstaking (but beautiful!) process where he paints a part of a koi, then covers it with acrylic, then paints the next part. He essentially makes a 3-D sculpture of koi using paint. It's...stunning. The second art is where he paints a giant koi with a broom. No kidding!

Anyway, it's not much, but I wanted to share this with you tonight. Thanks for being on this ride with me, guys.

Post a Comment