Friday, June 17, 2011

A Few Notes...

This post will be a random assortment of things I've been meaning to tell you...

My Mailing Address
Things that it is okay to send me in the mail:
  • A self-addressed, stamped envelope with a note telling me you'd like a signed bookplate (please let me know how much you want) and/or bookmarks (please specify how many, and if you'd like them signed or not) for your copy of ACROSS THE UNIVERSE
  • Fan mail (squee!)
  • Anything else, please email me first and see if I'd like it. For example, if you want me to read your published book, then just email me and see if I'm interested or have time. I'd hate for you to waste postage on something that I can't really read right now.
Please be advised: I don't check the PO Box every day--it may take me a month or so to get stuff back to you. Sorry!

Things that it is NOT okay to send to me in the mail:
  • A book that you wrote. I'm sorry, but if you're looking for a critique, I honestly don't have time to give you one. And if you're looking for a blurb, you need to send it through my agent or publisher.
  • A book that I wrote. Please PLEASE do not send me copies of my book, requesting me to sign and return to you. (a) it may get lost in the mail, (b) it's a pain for me to handle--keeping up with what book goes where, (c) inevitably something goes wrong--you didn't add enough postage, or the book gets ripped or rained on--and I will be blamed.
  • Hate mail. It will make me sad.
  • Anything edible. By the time it gets to me, it will no longer be edible.
  • An elephant. He wouldn't fit in the PO Box anyway.
So! If you'd like me to send you bookmarks or bookplate or if you want to write me a letter, feel free to send it to:
PO Box 27
Union Mills,
NC 28167 USA

Upcoming events
There are a few events that I've been remiss in telling you about! Oh noes! 

Smart Chick Kick It Tour:
I am so honored to be a part of this tour! I'll be at two stops:
I'm not 100% sure where I'll be at each event, but I will be at both! I'll let you know more details when I know more details. The event is the first weekend in September.

Super Secret Tour!
It won't be super secret for much longer! If you live in Western NC, Northern SC, or Eastern TN, then you especially might be very interested in something that I've been working on with some fellow authors! More details SOON, I promise!

Upcoming contest!
I'm working on something...something big. To get a sneak peek at it, go here.

This video is awesome
And you should watch it now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, dammit. I really wanted to send you an elephant! You would have loved him.

Jessica said...

EEKKKKKKKK!!!!!! SUPER SECRET TOUR!!! I feel like I've been in no-man's land here in eastern TN (AKA the land where no authors enter) and now you are coming and I'm so flippin' excited I could SCREAM!

I will continue to stalk you until I know more! :)

<3

Myrna Foster said...

The video was awesome. It reminded me of something Laini Taylor said about looking for one star reviews on Goodread, that it was like picking scabs.

Should I send you an emu? *Haven't you always wanted an emu? ;o)

*Sung like that one line from "If I had a Million Dollars," by BNL

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I will be at Chapters on October 2nd! It's not very often that YA authors come to the Vancouver area. :)

Unknown said...

I'm really excited for this Super Secret Tour thing! (being as I live, like, probably about fifteen minutes from you in lovely downtown Spindale, and this sounds like something close to the area...).

Anonymous said...

I love the video. It was a picker-upper.

Your upcoming contest looks tantalizing.

barmybex said...

OH, I had the elephant all wrapped and ready to send. Now what will I do with it? :(

Loved that video made me laugh. She's great, will try to get hold of her book now. Looks good.

Have a great weekend. :D